Post subject: Mega Man Zero 3
Former player
Hmm... After having finished my RMZ 4 Time Attack, which i'll improve later, i've decided to begin this one... And HELL it's really hard, a lot harder than RMZ4, though i think it's quite a challenge... I figured out how to get the EXSkills a bit late (i was done with two missions and i have to start over again) The annoying thing in this one is that you need a good rank to get the EXSkills... That implies killing a lot of ennemies of completing some parts of the missions... I was wondering if Childre Inarabitta's EXSkill was worth getting.... As i don't know the priority of the different attacks i don't really know what EXSkill to use to perform the most effective combo... If anyone have an idea... i'd be glad to hear about it :) Though i assume that it should be quite similar as RMZ4 : - Uncharged Buster Shot - Charged Saber Slash - Triple Saber Slash - Hanumachine's EXSkill - Hellbat Schilt's EXSkill but if you know of something more effective then, tell me :) Thus this will help me plan my boss order... And tell me if you are interested in this run, because i don't want to go all the trouble to get only a few votes... Frankly I think that this game is good, certainly better than RMZ4, and it's quite long and there are some interesting parts, and that a TA of this game would be cool (because there aren't any Rockman Zero TA in the GBA section and I think it's quite a pity...) So if you would like me to do this TA, just let me know As well as if you have any interesting information, just let me know too (everything is good to hear) Thx everyone :)
Not dead yet... still very busy... damn...
Former player
For EX Skills, you will really only want Foxtar Cubit's spread shot, Blazin Flizzard's burst shot, Hellbat Schilt's dive slash, and whoever it is that gives you the uppercut slash. The reasons are: -the split shot cleans out levels pretty quickly, and it doesn't seem to weaken the shots -the burst shot packs more of a punch than the normal buster shot, and it can access the shortcut in Mantisk's stage early on. -the dive slash is just as strong as the jump slash... i think, and it therefore opens up a few new directions for your sword to move in. also, the shockwaves it makes with the thunder chip can help speed up blazin' flizzard. -the uppercut is a quick way to kill ceiling monsters. Also, it can probably speed up Chilldre's fight, especially when teamed up with the burst shot. I think the hardest part of this game will be both avoiding disks and abusing the Recoil Rod to shoot around all over the place. Maybe you should locate the auto-charge head chip, as it really gives your keyboard a break. That or the quick charge chip. Also, I doubt it would be good to get the ultimate foot chip, but I think it would be pretty cool if you decided to fight Phantom for it. Maybe an additional 2 minutes to the over all movie? and MMZ2 is a lot harder than MMZ3.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Maybe because you have to level up your weapons at the beginning, but MMZ3 is a lot longer than MMZ2... And do you think it's a good idea to use the recoil rod, as Zero can't move while firing it... Maybe i must use it in mid air.... And it's Hanumachine that gives you the upper fire slash EXSkill, so it's usable on Inarabitta only at the end of the game... I shall look for the chips you've mentionned... Thx Zurreco...
Former player
is it really worth doing this movie??????? Nobody seems to be interested... that's too bad... I've never thought that was the ZERO series was so unpopular...
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Nah, people aren't always that interested in commenting on every game someone has plans to make. If they do they really want it, then there's the middle where they don't say anything but might find it interesting anyway once it's done. The only time you really need to be worried is when people advise against doing a game. Plus the the GBA games section is still quite inactive compared to the other sections here.
Former player
Ok alright... I guess you're right... Then i shall still finish it, because i like this game very much... this is my fav in the Zero series :)
Former player
For the Recoil Rod, you can use it to launch off of things. I don't know if it works against walls in mid-air but doing a dash launch (dashing, and firing a charged RR at the ground) leads to a few decent jumps. I think you can skip a few lame parts of Chilldre's level that way. Also, you can bypass some wall jumping or ladder climbing by launching upwards first. I spoke to mikwuyma about EXskills earlier. The ones a I listed should be plenty, but the only ones that are seemingly necessary as time savers are the burst shot, the downward stab, and the spread shot. The burst shot can save a fraction of a second in Mantisk's level, not to mention it has a bit more stopping power than the normal charge shot. The downward stab is a definitive strike against enemies below you, since the sabre can only strike below you for so many frames. In Elves 2 (I don't know the actual level name), you will need it to keep from going too slow. The spread shot can speed up the rotating generators in Foxtar's level, and the general idea of doubling your fire power and attack range can't hurt. What is your attack pattern? I was thinking it would be Blazin Flizzard -> Chilldre Inharraba -> Hellbat Schilt -> Deathtanz Mantisk -> (Anubis, Blizzack, Hanumachine, Copy-X) -> Volteel Biblio -> Cubit Foxtar -> Glacer le Cactank -> Tretista Kelverian -> Omega. That ensures burst before deathtanz, v-shot before cubit, and double jump for the rest of the levels after that.
Former player
It's pretty the same except that I was planning to begin with Hellbat Schilt... What do you mean by spread shot?? is it Biblio's or Foxtar's EXSkill???? and I would have been glad to gather Hanumachine R EXSkill as it allow me to combo the boss with the description i gave in my very first post in this topic... I agree with the burst shot, it's extremely useful against ice enemies and in Mantisk's level... As for the Downward stab (given by Hellbat)... Actually i would have begun by Hellbat b/c he gives that EXSkill allowing me to kill Blazin Flizard in a pretty easy way afterwards... That's the reason why... Just a last thing that is very annoying, it's the fact that if I want to collect some EXSkills quite late in the game (such as the V-Shot) I need to keep myslef at a good rank... and speeding through the mission does not help to do that, especially in Childre's level where you have to push switches... So If you have any ideas about that........ Thx
Former player
Skip the switches in Chilldre's level. The ranks are averages, so a 100 in the first few levels will make a nice buffer. Also, the buttons only add, what? 4pts each? You can stand to miss out on those points. Plus, Chilldre's EX skill is useless, and you will never need it. It really only helps with the shielded flame spouts, but a jump slash around them also works. Doing Hellbat first is iffy. You don't have many chances to hit him, and so the ice addition would be nice. I'm fairly sure that his level could also be sped up with the burst shot in some areas. Also, a sabre combo on Blazin is just as effective as the Thunder attacks on him. If you hit him with Thunder, he tends to begin a new attack, which makes him move way too much. The V-shot is Biblio's move. My mistake. You can use it in Foxtar's stage, and it speeds a lot of things up there (you can clear the first rooms quickly and maybe charge the lights, one medium charge will be enough to push a generator, it helps clear the bombs easily, etc). I don't think I even know what Foxtar's EX is...
Why do you want the V-shot? It doesn't seem really interesting to me... All it does is shoot two buster shots, and not even ahead of you. I don't think the extra range is really helpful, just jump higher/lower and that's all. Fire some extra small bullets with frameadvance and there. Heck, even use the saber. I think the 1-frame extra the saber adds saves more than keeping your rank up to get the ex-skill. Also, just mid-charged buster shots for the Cyubitch generators is enough. And Zurreco, it might just be the best idea to beat Hellbat Schilt as the first boss, because it gives you the downstab, which allows Xaphan to extend combo's on bosses, Blazin' Flizzard as well. (BF > CI > HS is a long way around till he gets the downstab) He'll just have to see if he can manipulate Schilt into being near the ground a lot, throwing his bats out. (allowing him to pull off combo's) Oh yeah, Cyubitch's ex-skill allows zero to throw out 4 energy balls when a charged triple rod attack is aimed upwards.
http://www.megazpeed.com - THE site for the ultimate MegaMan Zero superplay movies.
Former player
Oh yeah, it was useless... Well, keep in mind that I only play this game on cart, so I know nothing of complex combos or maneuvers. It just seems logical that the V-shot is better than the normal buster. You know, 2 shots with more possibilities. Either way, I am definitely looking forward to seeing some WIPs. I assume that, aside from working out Recoil Rod physics, the hardest things will be the boss fights (namely manipulation and the Babies).
Former player
Hmm... Yeah sorry McBain I was online but absent :) However, doing 100 pts on the first few missions while going as fast as possible is nearly impossible (for example, in order to have 100pts in the very first mission you have to kill a lot of enemies including the worms jumping out from the snow... it's way too long...) And it's not Childre's EXSkill that I want, it's just to keep an average A Rank, knowing that to have an EXSkill you do not have to finish the stage with an A or S rank but you have TO BE A or S rank while doing the level which is more tricky (i had to start over two levels because i didn't know that before, how foolish of me...) I think that I should at least press one or two switches in Inarabitta's level... though i'm not so far yet... I'll post the WIPs here ASAP, but know that i won't have much time till the end of august so... it might took me time (though I can be fast as well... i don't know for now...) Just check the forum regurlarly, at least i can comment on my progress and i'll try to be on MSN more often but it's not that easy :) Thx for all...
Former player
By the way is Cyubitch (Copyright MCBAin) EXSkill interesting or should i just skip it?? If i recall well it takes a long time to fire it... So i was wondering if it was that useful... And last thing, in Tritesta's level, in order to skip the elvator part as fast as possible do i have to kill the enemies rapidly or will it stop automatically after a certain period???? That's all folks (for tonight)
Former player
Foxtar's skill is useless. It will never be worth it. The elevator can not be skipped. Not even double jumping with the Recoil launch can do it. Therefore, you will have to fight the enemies. The area runs as long as the enemies are there, so it is best to kill everything on the outer platforms as quickly as possible. I personally don't know the fastest way to fight the miniboss, though. I usually use a fully charged recoil to knock it over, and then I use the 1000 blades move from Deathtanz to slowly but surely destroy the thing.
Former player
though it implies getting Mantisk's skill, and i do not know if it's really worth it, because that implies getting a good rank on childre's level... i think using the charged recoil rod for the shielded enemies and the saber for the others would be good as well... though i may be wrong... Anyway i should post the first WIP of the first mission and Hellbat's level by monday or tuesday, so ready your emulators :D
Former player
Ready your emulators everyone, here is the first WIP of MMZ3 I've made... This contains : - The First Mission - Hellbat Schilt's level - A really really tiny bit of Blazin Flizard's level the link is here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=20F3AWS2 (do not worry you have to wait for a few seconds before being able to download the file...) I've noticed a few things about this game that makes it a lot harder than RMZ4 : - There are ladders and it's a real pain - Mid-boss have an invincibility period like bosses do - Levels are a lot longer... - You can't skip the cutscene while playing through Normal mode... (it's really annoying) Anyway watch, enjoy, and criticize :) give me your opinions :)
It's not normal mode that disallows you to skip scenes, it's the fact that you see those scenes for the first time. If you were to die and face a boss again, you could skip the scene. Anyway, i'll be looking forward to watch the WIP when i get home.
http://www.megazpeed.com - THE site for the ultimate MegaMan Zero superplay movies.
Former player
As I never die ;) this is truly a pain in the ass to see all the cutscenes... Though i guess you'll have the whole story this way :)
Former player
I've read your messages on MSN Mike, but i was deeply sleeping, so i did not answer you... I'm going to check what you told me, but really i do not know if i'm going to redo it... As I said, this game is really a lot harder than RMZ4 to run because of a lot of things... Though as I also said, nobody seems to be interested in it... And I don't know why...
Former player
In Blazin Flizard level, has anyone gpt an idea about how to pass the big lava pit parts without waiting for the big blocks to fall (knowing that you can't get hurt and go through it... b/c there's no enemies near it) ????
Former player
It's me again... I'm up to the 1st Baby elves stage... I shall post my WIP by tomorrow... I have a question : Should I kill Phantom in the 2nd Baby elves stage (by the end of the game) ???
Well, optional bosses are nice, but i'm not sure you should include him in a TAS. I'd prolly won't.
Former player
Xaphan wrote:
It's me again... I'm up to the 1st Baby elves stage... I shall post my WIP by tomorrow... I have a question : Should I kill Phantom in the 2nd Baby elves stage (by the end of the game) ???
How do you kill Phantom? He just disappears whenever I deplete his HP to Zero.
Former player
Well, killing him nets you the Ultma(te) Boots that have the skills of all the other boots combined, so you could spend the last 2 stages or so abusing the hell out of shadowdash, doublejump and whatnot...
I say don't bother with Phantom. He's out of the way, and I don't think the fight would be entertaining enough to make up for lost time.