Post subject: NES Journey To Silius
Experienced player (538)
It have been long time.. when i have done my TAS for this game.. But im planning my Final v4 i have tested many tricks on this game.. im 21 frames faster than my current run (midboss eliminated) i feel more experienced with frameadvance and Megaman games etc. i have very heavy project with rockman2 and i will use all of my time for it..
Player (70)
21 frames won't be noticably faster for the untrained eye I suppose. But it's still an improvement. Hope you can do some radical changes. Keep it up though! Good luck!
Experienced player (538)
Heheh. I played this game whole day. and i found super improvement.. hehe.. :P Calculation stopped just when boss is eliminated old movie frame = 5537 new movie frame = 5455 = 82 frames faster now.. i can link my WIPs if someone wants to see them. :)
Active player (432)
Shinryuu wrote:
Heheh. I played this game whole day. and i found super improvement.. hehe.. :P Calculation stopped just when boss is eliminated old movie frame = 5537 new movie frame = 5455 = 82 frames faster now.. i can link my WIPs if someone wants to see them. :)
WOW! When I view your current published run, I certainly did not think you would improve the first stage by so many frames. Keep up the nice work Shin.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Experienced player (538)
hehe.. Thanks Mr.MegaFist.. :) i improved stage by 5-6 frames.. Midbosstank by 6 frames and boss was 70 frames faster.. i was able to hit boss 4 times in finaljump.. :)
Post subject: Make Journey to Silius faster
Player (57)
I want to show you how you can be faster by killing the mini-boss. And then I'm showing how you can run backwards during the waiting time for the real boss to appear. I haven't play the first stage yet so someone can continue this TAS. I want a sidekick to help me with this second projekt I have! ; ) http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1231/Journey%20to%20Silius.fcm
Active player (432)
Its unnecessary to create a redundant topic when there is already a existing http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3197 Journey To Silius topic. For the record, Shinryuu did a while ago another WIP.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Player (57)
Ok sorry, I didn't find that topic. I have to watch the WIP as well to se how its played. Thanx AngerFist for clearing things up!
Skilled player (1705)
Sorry for the bump, but I managed to improve the current run by 5 frames by the second elevator in stage 2, but for some reason, I can't beat the boss as fast as klmz did. Anyone want to offer some help? WIP
Skilled player (1705)
How do I manipulate the ceiling enemy near the end of this movie? Can anyone please help me? Edit: I've tried adding delays to the previous level, avoid killing enemies, and pointlessly waste ammo, but the claw won't fall down like in the published run. Edit 2: If the claw would fall like the published run, I would be at least 3 frames ahead. It would've been more, but there's a nasty frame rule that prevents minor "improvements".
It's doesn't matter what it is, TAS or not TAS. In any case it's very good game, I advise all to play this game. You won't regret it
Skilled player (1705)
How do I manipulate the enemies sent by the helicopter? I managed to save 3 more frames at the first stage, but the boss won't cooperate. :( WIP
Skilled player (1705)
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (550)
Nice work, looking forward to it. How many frames are saved so far?
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Skilled player (1705)
NitroGenesis wrote:
Nice work, looking forward to it. How many frames are saved so far?
Only 25 frames. It could've been more, but on the third stage, I got terrible luck on the hooks, drops, and enemy behavior.
Skilled player (1705)
jlun2 wrote:
Btw, could anyone please help check if there's anymore room for improvement? I don't want to continously bug Baxter and ThatGugaWhoPlay every now and then to replace the submission. :/
I managed to reduce 2 frames of lag, but lost one frame to manipulate drops. You can find the run here. Edit: I saved 3 more frames from lag, but I'm having horrid luck at the last 5 enemies in the third stage. This might take some time.
Skilled player (1705)
The improvements are all from stage 3. I could have saved 5 frames instead of 4 if not for those meddling bots and their pesky lag frame.
I can't get over this. I'll try to see if that 1 frame could be saved. Edit: I did it! But it caused the rest of the run to desync, and I got horrid luck. This may take some time. Edit 2: WIP of the first 2 stages. I also changed the first boss fight slightly, for better or for worse. Feedback would be nice. :)
Skilled player (1705)
jlun2 wrote:
Edit 2: WIP of the first 2 stages. I also changed the first boss fight slightly, for better or for worse. Feedback would be nice. :)
Just for fun, I ran the WIP in BizHawk, and the first stage syncs perfectly. The second stage desyncs at the fall due to lag. Interestingly, none of the previous runs sync past the first stage on BizHawk. I wonder if this means stage 2 can be improved by lag reduction.
Skilled player (1705)
jlun2 wrote:
I wonder if this means stage 2 can be improved by lag reduction.
The answer is: I don't know. I managed to save 3 frames through better positioning during the fall, but then I lag more at the circular torrent thing. This may take a while.
Player (74)
I was playing around in FCEUX testing out various strategies on the final two bosses and I had something strange happen to me during one of those tests. Right when I destroyed the first core on the ship, the screen promptly faded out and the game loaded up the final boss. I recorded a movie of it: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1847144528/JtSStage5Boss1Glitch.fm2 And here's a quick encode of the glitch occurring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ly-ZmbXN5U I'm not sure if this was just to do with the emulator or if it's genuinely a glitch that can be reproduced. Anyone able to shed some light on this? I was using version 2.1.4a of FCEUX. Thanks! EDIT: Whoops! Forgot to mention that I was using Journey to Silius (U).
I was able to recreate it a few times without too much trouble. It could be the timing of killing it right when it leaves the screen. Maybe it loads the hp for the second target right as the first one leaves or something. Or maybe you're somehow hitting the green thing and dying at the same time. Here's a clip of me doing it: http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/568599469/asfdsfs.fm2
Player (74)
Thanks for the response! The timing of killing it right when it leaves the screen seems the most likely explanation and was my original thought on the cause. Really curious as to why doing that triggers that, though. But I can rule out the HP theory. The HP for both cores is loaded when the fight begins. The ship's cores do not use the same memory address that the bosses use (001F) and each core actually has its own. I found that 043F is the address for the left core and 044F is the address for the right core. Both are set to a value of 28 when the fight loads. EDIT: I studied both your movie and mine. Then I attempted to try and recreate the glitch. What it appears is that the glitch only occurs if the left core is destroyed on a specific frame. I might be slightly off on my frame counting, but it appears that if the kill shot registers 2 frames before the core moves off-screen, it triggers the glitch.
Skilled player (1705)
ZakkyDraggy wrote:
Thanks for the response! The timing of killing it right when it leaves the screen seems the most likely explanation and was my original thought on the cause. Really curious as to why doing that triggers that, though. But I can rule out the HP theory. The HP for both cores is loaded when the fight begins. The ship's cores do not use the same memory address that the bosses use (001F) and each core actually has its own. I found that 043F is the address for the left core and 044F is the address for the right core. Both are set to a value of 28 when the fight loads. EDIT: I studied both your movie and mine. Then I attempted to try and recreate the glitch. What it appears is that the glitch only occurs if the left core is destroyed on a specific frame. I might be slightly off on my frame counting, but it appears that if the kill shot registers 2 frames before the core moves off-screen, it triggers the glitch.
:o If you are trying to improve the current run, I wish you luck with the luck manipulation + lag reduction. >.>
Player (74)
jlun2 wrote:
:o If you are trying to improve the current run, I wish you luck with the luck manipulation + lag reduction. >.>
No, I'm actually just speedrunning the game. Finding the glitch was a complete accident that occurred while I was testing out strategies on the last two bosses. Even luckier was that I was recording at the time. As I couldn't recreate it at first, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke and find out just how difficult it might be to reproduce on the actual console. But anyway, if anyone does decide to work on an improvement, I do hope it can be of use.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
How much time would that skip save?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.