Post subject: The Terminator!
Player (70)
WOW!! I had almost forgotten this game totaly! I was sitting and humming the theme song to it when it hit me that there was a game called The terminator for Sega genesis. I recon the game wasn't being very long so I decided to make a TAS for it. Will there be any interest of this poor game at all? I made a wip which doesn't even finish the first level due to some serious flaws. One of the biggest flaws is that I don't manipulate the enemies enough which leads to a certein death as the time runs out. :D I will remake it though. Check the WIP: http://133an.sytes.net/~highness/Terminatorgmv.zip Ah! The memories. I never owned this game my self. But a friend did. Strangely this game seem as hard on easy as it does on hardest difficulty. Only change seems to be that on easy there is an UZI to pickup which pretty much obsoletes the grenades. So what do you think. Should I continue this game, and if I do, should I be running it on easy to show the extra weapon? I don't think it will change the game any besides that at all, and yes, it makes it slightly easier and faster, but that should be a good thing since level 1 sucks anyways. :D
Player (70)
Made another WIP to let you see what easy mode is like. I forgot to turn off the record mode while practicing etc. So you will see me run through the game up to last place. Actually I did play this real time (besides first level, which was in fact TAS:ed) http://133an.sytes.net/~highness/Terminatorgmv-easy.zip Enjoy!
Editor, Expert player (2459)
Heh, the guy climbs ladders faster than he falls. I also noticed that it is possible to die in the end while completing the game, so controller input can end pretty early. Stupid game. I'd say play it on hard difficulty. :)
Player (70)
Perhaps we can add a new category to the page saying "Worst time ever games"? And give them "worst of the worst"-star vote or something like that. :D
xou
the one on gameboy was more fun :)
hello world !
I never played Terminator 1, but i did remember playing Terminator 2 with the super scope. Ah....... how rediculously hard that game was. As far as i remember, the game was nice..... but just too hard I watched your WIP, the game looked okay, but the sond effects were horrible. Still, i like platformers. ;) I'd be interested in seeing more.
http://www.megazpeed.com - THE site for the ultimate MegaMan Zero superplay movies.
I've been working on a TAS of this game as well. It's played on very hard and it abuses the games glitches basically to their fullest extent. I'll have a WIP up soon, just not now, I cant find it.
Currently working on: -Possibly the Wily Tower (Mega Man the Wily Wars)
My current Tas of this game is on the work bench. (nobodys voted in awhile)
I don't know if I should Submit this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rldy98EiRQg Reply telling me if I should or just improve it.
Editor, Expert player (2459)
Nice. It looks better than any of your previous attempts, but it still has nothing really interesting or surprising in it. The game is just so boring. : /
kchrules wrote:
Reply telling me if I should or just improve it.
If you think you can improve it, then you should not submit it.
Senior Moderator
I agree with Aqfaq on both points.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Player (80)
I strongly agree that this game just won't make a good tas, barring any new glitches. There's some variety in the levels, but the levels themselves (mainly the first couple) are fairly monotonous. The big killer for me, though, is how often you have to stop. If you could find a way around that the game would be salvageable, but otherwise you should find another game.
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
new tas up guys
Post subject: Level 1 improvment
Level 1 improved. You can download it here.
Senior Moderator
Well, that was slightly better. Two questions: 1. While grenading the tank in the beginning, you run up closer to it from time to time. Is this done because you can't have more than one grenade on screen at any time? Otherwise you'd likely save some time by spamming it from a spot that doesn't require you to leave it until the tank is destroyed. 2. In the hallway, you use the rest of your grenades in a place with little terminator density, and jump over them when it gets more dense. Any specific reason for that?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
moozooh wrote:
Well, that was slightly better. Two questions: 1. While grenading the tank in the beginning, you run up closer to it from time to time. Is this done because you can't have more than one grenade on screen at any time? Otherwise you'd likely save some time by spamming it from a spot that doesn't require you to leave it until the tank is destroyed. 2. In the hallway, you use the rest of your grenades in a place with little terminator density, and jump over them when it gets more dense. Any specific reason for that?
1. Well, um... I'll just redo that stage. Theres still room and I can move better or not at all while destroying the tank. 2. The HK was crouching. Therefore you can't jump over it. Also I got more health (not the main reason but it helps since taking damage is pretty much the only fastest way).
Too bad 6:10 was rejected
Sorry I post so much 7-8 seconds faster
I wish I could watch it. The laptop's not here =(. I tried TASing this but I couldn't get the jump in the techno bar or whatever it's called.
Phatlip wrote:
I wish I could watch it. The laptop's not here =(. I tried TASing this but I couldn't get the jump in the techno bar or whatever it's called.
Oh thats a drag. Also keep trying. It's not easy to TAS.
as soon as I finished this game, I thought "this would make an excellent speedrun" not a good tas though imo.
The money which I earn is mainly dedicated to video games and I am very content. -- Shigeru Miyamoto
Post subject: The Terminator WIP
Former player
I've been working on this run for about 5 hours now and I think I've completed the first level in a pretty fast time now, this run is only from reset to the phone booth in level 2, the first part. Tell me if you see anything I could've improved, please! I could really use some help/advise about what to do next... The thing is that since the screen doesn't scroll to the right after I've entered the booth I can't remove the enemies in the begining of part 2, since the screen needs to scroll in order for me to get rid of enemies. If I don't get rid of them there's like 3 cops and 2 hobos (or whatever they are) that I have to kill, it's a huge time killer. Note that it is possible to remove them if you move backwards at a very precise point before you've even entered the phone booth. Edit: I got arround the problem, and it's a little faster now! I'd still like to know what your thoughts are though. Edit by moderator: Your illegal link was removed. Please do not post links to illegal material in the future.
Former player
Nisto wrote:
*Inappropriate link that has been removed*
Please remove this link, as posting ROMs is not allowed, as it is illegal in many countires. Please read through the rules. Also, Microstorage is a great site for storing movie files. The actual site has many useful articles full of tips and other useful info about TASing and this site, so when you have time you might want to browse through it a bit. Good luck with your TAS! :)
http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3366 No offense but you should probably search the forum before you create topics.
Former player
Oh, sorry x2! I thought one wasn't created since someone told me to make a new one in the my discussion topic. You better remove that link from the quote as well in that case, Guybrush :P