1 2
8 9
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Yes, what a lot of you have been waiting for. http://www.snes9x.com/news.asp The differnt mirrors are getting updated seperately, so check them all, and check back a bit later if your platform doesn't have a binary or source available yet. As of now the Windows and Mac OS X versions are up on some of the mirrors.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Former player
Wow.. thanx mate. :)
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
Hmm. I couldn't download from the Lysator mirror. "File not found" error.
"When all else fails, hit it with a sledgehammer." "I know Kung-Fu!" "No, you do not. You're an idiot."
Nsm
Thanks :) ZSnes WIP will release with rerecordings too or only snes9x?
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Here's a new mirror to download from: http://ipherswipsite.com/snes9x/ The Lysator mirror was also just updated recently which could explain the file not found error at the time. Linux Binary and Source Code is also now available. ZSNES will have rerecording as soon as pagefault gets back on his feet, or I have enough free time and will try to finish support for it myself.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Link to source is wrong, it links to the files/zsnes dir. :-) Correct link is: http://ipherswipsite.com/files/snes9x/snes9x-1.43-WIP1-src.tar.gz And thanks for the source! :) Can someone explain how to playback movies with the linux version? Or am I blind and I dont see any option or command line to do it? edit: ok, figured shift-2 brings up the question of what movie to load, i type in the filename and it does nothing.. So what am I missing now? edit: nm, im lame, seems it wants the full path to the file.. bleh. I suck. :) Thanks
Editor, Active player (296)
grazzt wrote:
Can someone explain how to playback movies with the linux version? Or am I blind and I dont see any option or command line to do it?
If nobody has modified it after me, the keys are: shift+1 = start recording a movie shift+2 = start playing back a movie shift+3 = stop movie recording/playing
Former player
I have totally missed this site!! I feel like a forum-newbie ;) If I get it to work I will start to experiment in a near future and hopefully start to make SNES movies.
/Walker Boh
I'm sorry about this redundant post, but I just got the scariest deja vu... WalkerBoh, haven't you written what you just wrote earlier in another thread? If you haven't, I'm scared of myself... I'm going to bed now...
great work. snes emu with rerecording but uhm... why is it not possible to assign any keys. shift+f1 for saving is not very comfortable -.-
Anyone have a linux binary that has DGA support compiled in? Current binary doesnt, and cant compile it with DGA as ./configure fails to find it (which is whacko, as dga extensions are definitely installed). Even forced the makefile to use -DUSE_DGA (or whatever it is), and binary wont compile. :( Running snes games in a window just plain sucks. :) G.
Former player
Joy2Key, hello? - Volkov
Former player
And what if that doesn't work for one's controller? Like MINE. It doesn't help that there's no coherent kind of help file included. xx; You'd have to know how to set things up beforehand to get by with that stupid program.
And there's the people like me that are too poor for a joypad. And I'm also more comfortable with the keyboard for most games.
Former player
I haven't been here for a while, so I just found out that snes9x can now support rerecording. My major problem with it, though, is that all of the keys are implemented into the program and not into a seperate file (.ini). With it in its current state, I am unable to use it (Shift+F1 is to hard for me to do in the middle of a run and is not really a quick save ). I was wondering if this was ever going to be changhed so that we may be able to change some of the keys (mainly the rerecording keys) in the program. (I still have those .fmvs in my Famtasia folder. Castlevania II is more than half done and Kaiketsu Yanchamaru is half done)
Emulator Coder
There is work being done on using a config file, so hopefully in the next release it will be available.
Former player
Nach wrote:
There is work being done on using a config file, so hopefully in the next release it will be available.
Thank you, that's good news. I'll just have to wait until then.
Am I blind or is it impossible to slow down Snes9x? I know about the frame rate stuff, but I can only hasten it, not slow it down. Any tips?
Shift+'+' Increase emulated frame time by 1ms - slowing down the game. (auto-frame skip only) Shift+'-' Decrease emulated frame time by 1ms - speeding up the game. (auto-frame skip only) For the WIP, at least. Will movies we started in the WIP be useable in this version?
Emulator Coder
This version is called WIP. If you mean blip's second attempt at movie recording for Snes9x, then yes, they will work with the WIP.
Thanks! I'll try that.
Former player
I'm a bit confused. Is it possible to resume recording a movie? And if so, how?
Former player
Let's see... + and - change frame skip rate's from auto skip and 0-9 if you hold shift while pressing either + or - then it will change the Emulated Frame Time (slowing down and speeding up emulator time, that's how you slow down movies... Now for recording... Simply start recording you're file, and use save states and load states to fix up what you want for you .smv file...then when you want a break, or have finished end the recording. To simply resume recording after stopping, start watching your movie, when you're upto the point where you want to continue, simply make a save sate there while watching and then load it before "movie end" comes up on the screen, this will also count as a re-record...they are just simply loading a state when recording a movie...like a "movie state" I've had absolutely no problems with the recordings at all, I can speed up and slow down the emulator as much as I like while watching and recording my smv's and it dosnt desync at all. And about the buttons like "shift+F1" being in an awkward place...and I know i've mentioned this many times before, why don't you all just get a program that remaps the keys, I use it all the time, mine's called Joy2Key. I'm not entirely sure if it will work with the keyboard but it definately worked with my snes controller (which is what I use to make the recordings anyways) I just have L and R and save and load, respectively. Playing with the keyboard suck =/ Anyways, hope some of that helped...incase Joy2Key only works with Joypads, then find one that does remap keyboard kets and shortcuts, I know they exists! - Volkov
I'll have to use my keyboard in any case, I don't own any joypad.
1 2
8 9