Post subject: Metal Slug - various
Former player
Soooo, I started recording a sample runthrough of Metal Slug 2. Looks pretty tight. I wanted to see if anyone is working on this or should I go ahead? I know neo geo movies aren't quite supported on the site yet but I thought maybe I'd go ahead and start. Also, I noted that changing the CPU speed (not the game speed) in game or while playing the movie in FBA will desync the movie, just FYI. Also, should I be doing metal slug 3 or 1 instead?
Former player
Every Metal Slug is fantastic. The only caveat is Metal Slug 2 and Metal Slug X are quite similar. In that case, X is cooler because it has the addition of the Mars People. Kick ass, man. I may try one after this week is over. I've got a long vacation coming up.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Former player
I have a kawaks movie of someone (don't know who) finishing metal slug 3 in the hardest difficulty using only 1 life, USING NO RERECORDS AT ALL, at least I think so cause I got this movie last year you can download it here: http://usuarios.lycos.es/amstradpics/mslug3nd.zip Right click---> save link to disk If you like the game, you better watch it cause it's impressive, emu version used was winkawaks 1.45 and the rom is mslug3nd.zip
Kage bunshin no jutsu!!!
Omg...
Former player
i've decided to start with metal slug 1 and work through the rest (if i dont burn out on them). I've completed the first two missions of MS1 and they look pretty good .. also i've added a goal to this video. I am going to kill _every single_ enemy if possible. This will probably add to my time a little bit but i think it makes it better and more brutal :) I dont really have a way to post the .fr file so you'll just have to wait. BTW Bisqwit if you read this, are you accepting movies yet for this emulator? If not then :(
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
feitclub wrote:
In that case, X is cooler because it has the addition of the Mars People.
The aliens are found in 2 as well, seems like you haven't played it recently enough.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Former player
My apologies. In the words of Mars People: Beep! Bee bee badoop!
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Former player
argh!! it ate my movie file!! well i started again and this run is better anyway. I hope it can be encoded at a high bitrate cause the graphics are sooo good! Its fun killing every dude, but i dont know if it would be possible in 2, 3 etc. I dont know if i can even keep it up for the rest of this game! Well whatever.
Former player
X is basically a hard version of 2 (and alot more fun because there are more enemies to kill)