1 2
7 8
Post subject: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
This is my favorite Playstation game and I'd love to see a TAS done of this. Does anyone else thing that this would be an interesting game to see a TAS of?
MezzoDragon
He/Him
A TAS of any Crash game will be awesome. I'd love to see someone abuse every flaw and glitch in these games. I hope a TAS of this game (along with the other PSX Crash games) gets made soon.
skychase
He/Him
If someone can find useful glitches in Crash 2 and get all the platinum cross in Crash 3 I want to see it.
Crash 3 would be a bit harder but it would still be a good run to watch.
MezzoDragon
He/Him
What about the original Crash? That could be cool, no?
I never finished that game so I would like to see some of the later levels played on TAS. I remember the start of the game was kind of boring for me, but I think all PS1 Crash games are very TASable (besides bash, that game is pointless).
I was doing a little test run of this game today and it desynched in the first rat pit on the first level.
I'm interested. It was close enough to do my own thread for this game, but then I found this :P I got this game, though it's the PAL version. I should "get" the NTSC version from somewhere, right? =) Or should I do it on PAL version? I would love to do 100% TAS of this and also of Crash 3. But still I am stuck with PAL version of the game. But does this site even support PSX games yet? I can always post WIPs here.
As of right now this site does not support PSX games, but I'm sure it will once more people create runs. Games looking to be TASed for this site should be played using the US version of the game unless the PAL version has something the US version doesn't (for instance a glitch that saves a lot of time that only works on the PAL version).
I think I "get" the NTSC version somewhere. Only problem is that I can't make any direct AVIs out of PCSX. Anyone know how to?
Did you ever get anywhere with this run?
dartht33bagger wrote:
I was doing a little test run of this game today and it desynched in the first rat pit on the first level.
you dont need todo rat pits; theres way to skip them, its hard todo, but its possible; // is normal ground, # is left/right side bg, if you do slide jump at %, youll get stuck at #, and its possilbe to jump out of # to avoid falling to rat pit, at last in PAL version, its hard to tell how, but its possible+it saves time #//////////////# #|------------|# #|...............|# #|"rat pit"....|# #|------------|# #|...............|# #//%/////%//# #//////////////#
<small>Big signature cleared by admin; read <A>forum rules</a>.</small> <small>-Me:..and big sig. was just small picure(two row's), It dont even lag my 3660's web browser >_></small>
Active player (276)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OkY29mjYI0 Probably easier just to link to a video. But yeah the pits are easily skippable. You can even see from that video you can high jump out of the pit if necessary without having to wait for the springs.
MezzoDragon
He/Him
Sorry to be rude, but will this TAS be a 100% run or an any% run? Both will be interesting, but I personally prefer 100% runs.
Well at this point I don't think anyone is even working on it. I know that I haven't even looked into doing a TAS since November 2008 when I went to go do a Paper mario TAS, but the game screws up once you get into the woods leading to the third star.
Active player (276)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRBfK3RwZTU This should be well-known to players familiar with this game already, but you can get the Red Gem early.
Active player (440)
Ah yes, Red Gem Early. That would have helped me so much in my youth. Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing a run of Crash Bandicoot 2, or any of the CBs for that matter. Hope you're doing it darth33bagger! AND IT'S CORTEX STRIKES BACK NOT WRATH OF CORTEX :(
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
theenglishman wrote:
Ah yes, Red Gem Early. That would have helped me so much in my youth. Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing a run of Crash Bandicoot 2, or any of the CBs for that matter. Hope you're doing it darth33bagger! AND IT'S CORTEX STRIKES BACK NOT WRATH OF CORTEX :(
Oh man, I don't know what I was thinking when I made the thread title. I should know that! As for me doing a run, I could look at it, but I don't know the game inside and out enough to do it really. I have never even gotten 100% of the things in the game, let alone know how to get red gem early and such.
Active player (276)
Red Gem Early trick only took me about 10 minutes of practise to do in real time, it isn't that tricky at all. A preliminary route for 100% would probably look something like this: Turtle Woods - blue gem by collecting no boxes, deathwarp for box gem Snow Go - red gem early, box gem Hang Eight - hit first checkpoint, do timed gem, deathwarp for box gem The Pits - box gem Crash Dash - box gem Ripper Roo Air Crash - alternate route exit + gem Snow Biz - box gem Bear It - box gem Crash Crush - box gem The Eel Deal - green gem + box gem Komodo Bros. Bear Down - box gem + alternate exit Air Crash - box gem Plant Food - timed yellow gem + deathwarp for box gem Sewer or Later - clear gem + box gem Road to Ruin - box gem Unbearable - box gem + alternate exit Totally Bear - box gem Tiny Hangin' Out - box gem + alternate exit Totally Fly - box gem Digging It - clear gem + box gem Cold Hard Crash - clear gem + box gem Ruination - clear gem + box gem Bee-having - purple gem + box gem Dr N. Gin Piston it Away - clear gem + box gem Rock It - box gem Night Fight - clear gem + box gem Pack Attack - box gem Spaced Out - alternate route gem + deathwarp to final gem Dr Cortex 100% ending
Well, I watched the TAS for this game, and I was about as entertained as I was with the first one. All in all, enjoyable.
Skilled player (1768)
I started 100% run. It is very hard :( http://pirohiko.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/WIPS/crash2_100.pxm
Skilled player (1086)
Wow! That's awesome. I hoped that you'd do a 100%. Optimising this looks incredibly hard so it'd be great if you could pull through and obsolete my crappy movie ;-) Everything looked very well played and I hope that you release more WIPs.
Skilled player (1306)
Damnit! I wish I could see... Ah well. Nice to see a 100% TAS is in the works. Wish for an encode soon. :)
I went to go encode that but then I became utterly baffled by the psx encoding process.
Skilled player (1768)
I remembered that movie was frozen after a battle with Cortex. I have to record the false end to watch the true end. What should I do?
1 2
7 8