Post subject: Rockman Complete Works
X-Stigma
He/Him
hi, I wonder someone is interested doing these NES Rockman games of PSX version... I'm sure that would have more strategies to do a faster run due to the fact there are weapon change in action, without have to waste some frame times in the change weapon menu stopping game, besides that in rockman 4, 5 and 6 you can equip power ups for Rockman that makes him stronger, faster, etc.
Post subject: Re: Rockman Complete Works
Active player (432)
X-Stigma wrote:
besides that in rockman 4, 5 and 6 you can equip power ups for Rockman that makes him stronger, faster, etc.
Now that sounds interesting. Are the equipments additional items than say, what you could get in Mega Man 6?
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
I'm curious what that megaman 6 one is. Megaman 1-5 had these zipping glitches or vehicles you can use but in Megaman 6 you pretty much just slide for most of it.
Active player (277)
The way the power-ups work is that as you encounter enemies in the game, the number of encounters is logged in the lab database, and certain numbers of total encounters unlock the power-ups in the lab. You can equip up to 2 power-ups before restarting the game. They basically work like specialized Game Genie cheats, modifying the emulated Famicom game to affect speeds, damage ratings, energy consumption, or whatever. I believe you can collect up to 99 in "battle data" per enemy, and the number is incremented every time the enemy is spawned--it doesn't matter if you fight it at all, just seeing the enemy is enough. You could run back and forth at a spot where an enemy appears at the edge of the screen to scroll it on and off again and rack up points for it very quickly. The problem with this system is that if you start from a blank save, you couldn't work the power-ups into a continuous play-through of the game. You'd have to play a couple levels, go back to the main menu, pick your power-ups, then load the game again and return to the point you left off at with a password or save. So either you waste time saving to the memory card, or you get into the whole "Where is the password given?" question of timing. You also have a problem if you want to make a run in hard mode, in mission mode, or with a different number of lives: These features all need to be unlocked first by beating the game in another mode. Nevertheless, I think a normal speed-run will still be interesting because of the "weapon change in action" feature you mentioned. I imagine Rockman 6 could be greatly helped by the fact that you could use the Rush powers anywhere they would help, not just when you're forced to or when you can make up for a couple of menu transitions and not being able to slide for a while. Navi Mode will at least offer the new music, healthbar graphics, extra ending, and (in 4/5/6) helmetless RockMan, although you have to hold Select when you start the game to get the special songs in 1, 2, and 3. (What, were they ashamed of not having arcade music for every level in those games?)
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Hmmm... Finally something that I want to do that isn't taken. Some notes on the different modes (taken as view from Rockman [1]) : -----------------------------------Original Mode---------------------------------- First off, as Bag said, the game actully saves for you, but because the game is so small it rarely auto-saves, and instead asks you after levels if you want to save, although you can't save inbetween Wily stages. You load data on the Title Screen. Also, the L1 and R1 buttons automatically flip through weapons that you have, although you can do it te old-fashioned-slower way with the Start button too. -------------------------------------Navi Mode------------------------------------ Basically the same as Original with minor changes. First off, with no help to us, there is a hint system where an exclamation point will appear (as in Anniversary collection for the later PS2) and if Select is pressed, Dr. Light will say something you probably already know. Second, the energy bar is re-done, and if a weapon is in use, it tells you how many times you can use it. The music is from the arcades, sadly. If not, it's the original Famicom. On a side note, there are 3 mode of difficulty: Easy, Normal and Hard. Obviously, Hard will be the one to do when TASing this game, but there is also a speed setting: slow and normal. However, on hard you cannot use power-ups. (By that, I mean the things enemies drop) The one item you CAN get is the Yashichi. Other than that, Hard is the same as Famicom. Mormal is the same as Hard with power-ups. A side quest that could be possible would be to unlock all the "goodies" in the Database, which is artwork and information and stuff. Although, that would take a long time since you have to beat the game over in different difficulties. Woo! Zipping still works! (According to sources) The rapid-select trick also still works, but it is slower. Interesting glictch in Navi Mode found by DeGamer of GameFAQs: "I found this glitch by accidentally pausing the game at the right time. While playing in Navi Mode (I have never had this happen on Original Mode) if you reach an area where the screen needs to scroll and the action momentarily stops, pressing the "Start" button to bring up the weapons menu can cause the background to scroll when it's not supposed to. For example, let's say you are in the beginning of Clash Man's stage and you climb the ladder to proceed to the second screen. Now once you are there, you jump on the gap that will make you fall back to the lower screen. As you as falling but BEFORE the screen scrolls you bring up the weapons menu. What will happen if timed correctly is that the weapon menu will appear in the foreground, meanwhile in the background Rockman continues to fall and causes the background screen to scroll downward even though the background should be paused. Now here's the major part of this glitch. When you close the weapon menu and return to the game, the background you now see will have the "functions" of the previous background you were in. What does this mean? It means all sorts of crazy stuff can happen depending where you do this such as you walking in mid-air, climbing the background, or just dying for no apparent reason." This glitch does not help you (I think) but I thought it was worth mentioning. And that's about all I can say for now....
See Youtube page (GIRfanaticTAS) for all runs and stuff.
So Hard is Normal except you can't refill weapon energy? That's lame. Especially for the Wily stages since you don't get refills between levels.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Derakon wrote:
So Hard is Normal except you can't refill weapon energy? That's lame. Especially for the Wily stages since you don't get refills between levels.
Yes, and you can't beat Wily 1 without having over half of the Magnet Beam left. Normally. :P Seems to be about 3-5 seconds of unavoidable lag before the awesomly-cool title screen apprears. Power-ups are based on "Battle Data points", and are only available in Navi Mode and are actully part of the Debug Mode. 20 - Hyper Jump (Jump three times higher) 40 - Auto Charge (Automatically charges Rock Buster) 80 - Energy Saver (Use abilities twice as much) 160 - Hyper Shot (Makes shots travel faster) 320 - Hyper Charged Shot (Makes charged shots go faster) 640 - Power Shot (Doubles shot attack power) 1000 - Hyper Charger (Charges shots instantly) 2000 - Speed Up (!!!) Rockman 4 in progress. More updates! In Rockman 1, it is faster to select ElecMan the first frame you can (70000 pts.) than the first frame you can select him for 50000 pts.
Active player (277)
You mean not having to manipulate a smaller bonus makes up for the time the larger bonus spends tallying at the end of the level?
If you mean the time taken from manipulating 50000 being longer than the tally of 70000, then yes.
nfq
Player (93)
rockman? as far as i know, it's called megaman. rockman was a game for genesis where you walk around with a neanderthal cave man and throw rocks on enemies. megaman has nothing to do with rocks, except the fact that it 'rocks'.
Editor, Experienced player (730)
*sigh*. nfq, the NES megaman games in japan were called rockman. It does have nothing to do with rocks, it's just in Japaneseland that was the original name for the game.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Active player (292)
It's not rock as in stone it's rock as in rock and roll. Most of the characters are named after music, roll, blues, forte, Gospel, Tango, Reggae, and Beat. I mean what the hell is a mega anyway.
OK, here's a question, in order to do Hard mode, you need to beat Normal mode, which would mean then I would be start from an already amde save. Should I do Normal or wait and finish the game normaly before TASing Hard. BTW, I don't know if the Data Powerups are affected by the Hard rule, so that might be a bad thing. (Note that going through the game on Normal would mean unlocking potentially all of the powerups already, which would be another downside.)
Honestly I'm not seeing a big attraction to Hard Mode. It just limits what you can do with your subweapons, and the main gain from running this game would be the ability to use subweapons more (because of the fast weapon switch). I say just run it on normal mode. Ordinarily yes, you want to run a game on the hardest mode possible, but if that doesn't actually add anything to the run, it's not worth it.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Normal it is. Next thing: where to defeat 200 enimies as fast as I can. What I was thinking was doing Pharaoh Man's stage to get the balloon, and defeat extra enimies if I have to, activate Hyper Charger and Speed Up and do the rest.
Active player (277)
Well, I was pretty sure you didn't have to actually defeat any enemies; you just have to SEE them. So to fill up battle data quickly, you'd scroll an enemy onto the screen, then immediately scroll it back off the screen, then back on, so it counts as another spawn. By wobbling, you'd achieve a high number quickly! So just get 99 from a few different kinds of enemies until you reach the number you need. Or is that what you meant you were doing?
girfanatic501 wrote:
Note that going through the game on Normal would mean unlocking potentially all of the powerups already, which would be another downside.
I think it should be possible to save or clear the lab data separately from the option data, but if it's not, we could just do a minimalist run first.
I tested it, you'd actully have to physically shoot (and kill) the enemy to gain one data point, so It would be spawning it, and the frame it appears, it dies. BTW, I found out the Labratory data is saved SEPARTE from the game data, so resetting the game would bring up Hard Mode with no power-up data. (I think and hope...)
Active player (277)
That's strange, as I've been able to make the points go up just by scrolling enemies onto the screen without shooting at all. How did you test this, in what part of what game? (I've actually only tested these games in ePSXe, so inaccurate emulation might be a possibility.)
At the beggining of Pharaoh Man's stage, with the enemy that disappears and comes back. I scrolled it off, let if come back on 5 times and nothing happened. Then, I did the same and killed them, but got 5 points. Although, that may be wrong, as I tend to forget things easily. I'm trying to do that now but can't get back to Light's Lab >_<.
Active player (277)
All right, it's probably worth testing some more. Don't forget about the button code to get back to the menu quickly, L1+R1+Select+Start.
girfanatic501 wrote:
Interesting glictch in Navi Mode found by DeGamer of GameFAQs: "I found this glitch by accidentally pausing the game at the right time. While playing in Navi Mode (I have never had this happen on Original Mode) if you reach an area where the screen needs to scroll and the action momentarily stops, pressing the "Start" button to bring up the weapons menu can cause the background to scroll when it's not supposed to. For example, let's say you are in the beginning of Clash Man's stage and you climb the ladder to proceed to the second screen. Now once you are there, you jump on the gap that will make you fall back to the lower screen. As you as falling but BEFORE the screen scrolls you bring up the weapons menu. What will happen if timed correctly is that the weapon menu will appear in the foreground, meanwhile in the background Rockman continues to fall and causes the background screen to scroll downward even though the background should be paused. Now here's the major part of this glitch. When you close the weapon menu and return to the game, the background you now see will have the "functions" of the previous background you were in. What does this mean? It means all sorts of crazy stuff can happen depending where you do this such as you walking in mid-air, climbing the background, or just dying for no apparent reason." This glitch does not help you (I think) but I thought it was worth mentioning.
NES MM1 also does this. Causing lag right the screen begins to scroll is a key strategy in the new MM2 run too. You know what's happening, right? You're looking at one screen, but you're really playing the next screen 'over'. ('Over' in memory, not in necessarily in any cardinal direction.) So when you're walking on clouds and through walls that's just the layout of the next room. And when you die for no reason, those are the spikes and pits. Being on the wrong screen is potentially useful. In the current runs I think it saves a lot of time during MM1's boss rematches and during Crashman's stage in MM2.
Lot more than Cラashman. See latest movie. Used to skip parts of Wood Man and Cラash Man's le'els, and skip mechadragon entirely, and go a bit faster in bubbleman and quickman and airman...
Argh! This game seems to not like adding data points, so the first WIP will be delayed a while for now, that and the fact I'm starting to get a bit busier with stuff, but I find time for this whenever I can. Just thought I'd give a heads up.
Active player (277)
Here's an example of the kind of speedrun you can do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faKMUSMUpm8 This was on the Anniversary Collection, and it didn't use Navi Mode, but the weapon switching buttons are still there. That means you have more opportunities to use weakness weapons on minor enemies and secondary weaknesses on bosses when other weapons aren't convenient. Remember that 1 through 3 don't have buttons for switching to your transport items, but you'll notice that you can instant-switch to the weapon beside that item to save a few frames on the menu. By the way, here's what you can get if you could connect to a PocketStation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcv10gKQF9A It appears that "leveling up" the Robot Masters gives them larger life bars during the normal game. So you could either level up RockMan and make the game ridiculously easy, or you could level up all the bosses to make their fights ridiculously long. Probably not something you'd want in a speedrun, but it's funny to see once.