1 2
13 14
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
DeSmuME has a full rerecording support now. Downloads The latest release can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/desmume/ Sync Options etc.
  • Advanced Bus-Level Timing This may slow down emulation (i.e. more lag frames, it depends on game though), but fix some games. This can be changed from Emulation Settings dialog.
  • Stylus Jitter hack (since 0.9.8) Turning this on will fix "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Dark Motives", but in most cases, the behavior is just annoying for TASing. This can be toggled by Toggle Stylus Jitter hotkey.
Older versions
  • DeSmuME 0.9.8+ (a little improved version of 0.9.8 made by gocha. check the linked page for details)
  • DeSmuME 0.9.7+ (a little improved version of 0.9.7 made by gocha. check the linked page for details)
  • DeSmuME 0.9.6+ (a little improved version of 0.9.6 made by gocha. check the linked page for details)
  • DeSmuME 0.9.5+ (a little improved version of 0.9.5 made by gocha. check the linked page for details)
  • DeSmuME 0.9.4+ (an improved version of 0.9.4 made by gocha. check the linked page for details)
  • DeSmuME 0.9.2+ (an improved version of 0.9.2-rr made by gocha. check the linked page for details)
  • DeSmuME 0.9.2-rrv1 (win32 executable)
Original post
adelikat wrote:
DeSmuME rerecording is now available. Right now it exists as a separate branch 9.2-rrv1. Consider this an experimental beta release. For now, it can be found here. EDIT: src available in the main DeSmuME svn: https://desmume.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/desmume The rerecording branch can be found under under tags/release_0_9_2-1 DeSmuME is cross platform but this rr branch is not atm, probably. Our plan is to work out some of the potential kinks with the movie stuff then integrate this stuff into the main branch of desmume. At that point there will be full access to the svn, it will be cross platform, and all new version will simply be the new desmume releases. In the meantime, please discuss any issue you have with the rerecording version here.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Editor, Player (53)
Cool, I might give it a try to the Time Campaign of Advance Wars: Dual Strike :)
I'm the best in the Universe! Remember that!
adelikat
He/Him
One thing to know is that you have to let your firewall unblock desmume (since it has the wifi emulation, it causes firewalls to freak out). Also, there is a bug that causes desmume to eat too much ram. If your ram is too low (1gb) that can prevent you from using the emulator (if you only have 1 anyway, buy more ram! its cheap now!) . This problem is being fixed ASAP. I'll let you know when a new download is available. EDIT: The ram issue is already fixed and available at the link in the first post.
Experienced player (954)
Somehow i reconized paul_t work here :D I get lots of "state loaded" message while im actually saving, and it doesnt load but save of course :p Nothing serious just for the sake of reporting it
Player (59)
EDIT: The ram issue is already fixed and available at the link in the first post.
Apparently it still not working. PC specs: RAM Total: 1023MB RAM Free: 537MB Virtual Memory Total: 2048MB Virtual Memory Free: 2010MB Any advice would be great :)
greenalink.blogspot.com
adelikat
He/Him
Can you try the official 9.2 release? http://desmume.org/download/
Player (59)
The Official desmume Windows download works fine, no errors pops up at all.
greenalink.blogspot.com
Player (120)
At 100% speed, when I set the volume to 0, then save and load a state, it reverts to full volume.
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
I've had a look at it, but i can't find any 'start recording' option, just stuff like avi capture and save states; how do you make an input recording on it? EDIT: nevermind, i had the wrong version
Former player
Alrighty then, while I can't provide coding help, I do have a couple of suggestions (and a question) for further expansion of the movie format, or something. - A flag/indicator or something in the movie file signifying whether or not bios images are used, and if bios swi's are used as a follow up (perhaps also have one for firmware, although I highly doubt that would be used, just as a possibility specification). Some games wont run (or will hang at some point, sonic rush for example) without bios swis, and others (movie wise) will desync with them. Having them ignored or used as determined by the movie file would possibly help/solve this particular issue. - As above, except for savetype if required to be manually set to either save correctly or load the rom to begin with. - Perhaps date created? It's a nice albeit unnecessary feature. - Will personalized firmware settings (name, preference colour, etc.) potentially affect movie sync? It doesn't seem to matter in the case of NSMB, but for games that pull things like the default character name from the firmware settings, this could be problematic if it isn't also included. - More movie information in the play/record movie dialogue boxes. I noticed that you can only see the rerecord count among other things if you open the movie in a text editor or submit it, as the dialog provides exactly no information apart from the filename. Again, not exactly necessary, but is nice information to have. Hmm, I think that's about all the possible improvement suggestions I have for now.
Editor, Expert player (2312)
Here's a small 'bug': Sometimes, when holding frame advance, the game won't produce any sound. It doesn't bother me at all, but I thought I should report it.
MUGG wrote:
Here's a small 'bug': Sometimes, when holding frame advance, the game won't produce any sound. It doesn't bother me at all, but I thought I should report it.
Yea, i've noticed that problem as well. If im holding down frame advance the whole time the sound is fine, but once i let go any further pressing of the frame advance button doesn't bring sound back
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
The download link for the emulator doesn't work anymore. "The requested URL /desrr was not found on this server." Edit: I found somebody that has it on an alternate site. http://sharebee.com/417cca54
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
adelikat
He/Him
That emulator has a rather significant bug. A new one will be up shortly.
Former player
And hat would that bug be? :o
Emulator Coder, Former player
The link in the first post has been updated with a new version. It is highly recommended to upgrade since it fixes desync problems. Changelog: Fixed RTC related source of desyncs Reduced RAM usage Resets now stop movie playback and recording Fixed an "off by 1" bug in ram search
Former player
Wow, this is coming along nicely. With the previous version, Yoshi's Island was very choppy on my computer, but now it seems to run fine, choking only when there's lot of action on the screen. Good job guys!
Experienced player (872)
I used new version.I confirmed that desync prolem was fixed. But sometime new version create dsm file which can't be rerecorded. Here is file. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mgenmimttdn I don't know if someone can rerecord it.But I can't. And new version is unstable.I got error message and closed new version about 10 times. Error message I got is the same as Greenalink's. http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/Greenalink/?action=view&current=ErrorDeSmume-1.jpg
Emulator Coder, Former player
Could you explain what you are doing when it crashes? If you can give me a set of instructions that will always produce a crash it will be easier to diagnose and fix. Also anyone with crashing problems is welcome to come to #desmume on freenode, it will probably be easier to figure out a solution that way.
Player (59)
Well: I download the link from the first post
DeSmuME rerecording is now available. Right now it exists as a separate branch 9.2-rrv1. Consider this an experimental beta release. For now, it can be found here.
I save it to my desktop and open up the ZIP file. I double click on desmume_0.9.2-rr.exe to load up and pops comes up the error message like the one shown on Photobucket link.
greenalink.blogspot.com
GreenaLink wrote:
I double click on desmume_0.9.2-rr.exe to load up and pops comes up the error message like the one show on Photobucket link.
same here...
Former player
When running "936 - Puzzle Quest - Challenge Of The Warlords (U)(Xenophobia).nds", the following message pops up on the screen after the intro: "Error reading save game - Could not read the data. Turn off the power and reinsert the DS Card." This isn't a Windows error message or anything, it just comes on the DS screen. Any idea what's up?
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
You're selected the wrong save type. Put it on auto or EEPROM 4Kbit (0.5KByte) for the game to work.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Former player
Works like a charm, thanks a bunch.
Experienced player (872)
Once select "Stop movie" to dsm file,this dsm file can't be rerecorded any longer.Maybe. I can't understand why new version closed suddenly.Sorry... But It seems to relative Frame advance and Save/load state. In my memory,I hadn't got without using Frame Frame advance and Save/load state. Here is my setteing ini file.I hope it is useful. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?emmodytejow
1 2
13 14