Post subject: From Zero to Hero, it's Hercules!!!
Active player (441)
So I saw Disney's Hercules on the PS1 wishlist and decided to give it a shot. It's a pretty neat action game: a bit easy but it moves at a fast clip and has levels which alternate between 2D (traditional combat and platforming) and 3D (rail platforming a la Pepsiman). You can also move in and out of the foreground in 2D like in LittleBigPlanet, but only at specific points. Here's a PXM of the first two levels on Herculean difficulty http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TRIKDJ49 I am pretty sure that left--->left is the fastest path on that first 3D level. I plan to tighten up the entertainment etc. eventually, but I wanted to get this topic rolling.
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Awesome. I hope PCSX doesn't crap out though.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
I had the PC version back in my day. I'd love to see a TAS of this.
mz
Player (79)
Yeah, this is a great game for a TAS. I recently watched a longplay on YouTube and I got very interested in doing a TAS of it myself..
theenglishman wrote:
Here's a PXM of the first two levels on Herculean difficulty http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TRIKDJ49
Unfortunately this doesn't sync here. I've tried using the original CD and an ISO I illegally downloaded and I've also tried using the BIOS "SCPH1001.BIN" and "SCPH7001.BIN", but they all desync at the same spot... You start pressing buttons even before the intro movies end.
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.
Active player (441)
mz wrote:
Yeah, this is a great game for a TAS. I recently watched a longplay on YouTube and I got very interested in doing a TAS of it myself..
theenglishman wrote:
Here's a PXM of the first two levels on Herculean difficulty http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TRIKDJ49
Unfortunately this doesn't sync here. I've tried using the original CD and an ISO I <s>il</s>legally downloaded and I've also tried using the BIOS "SCPH1001.BIN" and "SCPH7001.BIN", but they all desync at the same spot... You start pressing buttons even before the intro movies end.
I used the PCSX Internal BIOS. That's the only one the game syncs with, at all.
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
mz
Player (79)
Ah, thanks; I could watch it now. The second stage was really good. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the game. :D (I didn't even know you could use the internal BIOS for TASes... But it seems it only works if you use the interpreter CPU. So, for those who want to see this, in PCSX: Configuration -> Options -> CPU -> Enable Interpreter CPU.)
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.
Active player (441)
mz wrote:
Ah, thanks; I could watch it now. The second stage was really good. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the game. :D (I didn't even know you could use the internal BIOS for TASes... But it seems it only works if you use the interpreter CPU. So, for those who want to see this, in PCSX: Configuration -> Options -> CPU -> Enable Interpreter CPU.)
Are you planning to do an encode? Kkapture hates me :/
mz
Player (79)
Thanks for the encode. Really looking forward to this.
Former player
Watched the encode (thanks mz for that) and I noticed that the first level is improvable by grabbing the hoplite helmet and being invincible when carrying the boulder and swining on the poles. Also, the other routes in the running section might have more of those charging shoes, but I'm not sure about that. I'd also prefer if you didn't collect any of the H-E-R-C-U-L-E-S letters, because collecting just some looks a bit sloppy to me. Otherwise it looked good.
I might have to wager that Disney's Tarzan is easier than this game. xD But after watching part of the Long Play on Youtube, I'm looking forward to seeing this game TASed. Good luck. :3
Skilled player (1090)
Excellent! It's strange that I was thinking of what a TAS of this game would look like just the other day. It's great to see that you've picked it up. Thanks for sharing the WIP and I'll definitely be watching any more that you release. I hope that you continue and finish this.
Active player (441)
I've improved the first level by just under five seconds and I took a different (and cooler) route on the second level. It doesn't really matter since there are only two Hermes Boots on that level anyway. Here's the pxm.
Movie desyncs for me, can anyone encode?
Active player (441)
Managed to beat Centaurs' Forest without too much trouble. That invicibility helmet is an awesome gamebreaker :)