First WIP to show here: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/52224254977175717
This run was started a year ago (November 2017) - 1-1 was finished while the remaining of level 1, I worked during the previous month (November 2018).
The objective of this game isn't only beating levels, but also collecting all dolls, in order to acess an extra level (a.k.a level 10). So, the ending will occur later.
Dolls adds time for the score when finishing a stage. It's still important to finish a stage with minimum bars so you'll recieve less points. Certain dolls will be a problem to pick, because you mush crash a certain rock for spawn it.
Well, due to some problems with my PC, was formatted and since is now 32-bit, I can't acess the 2xxx BizHawk versions (although I can watch with a notebook, which supports 64-bits).
But I still can explain the progress a bit: First of all, this game has lags and invisible lags. Optimizing them is very harder. So, I asked The8bitbeast for a lua script which can detect these hidden lags, as well as X & Y position and velocity - and other useful stuff.
Second, new mechanics:
- Jumping maintains speed until lands - gains a few pixels.
- Since this game has lags (I mentioned before), sometimes slowing down speed avoids a lag, but needs careful optimization, or would recieve another lag frame later.
- When picking the doll (1-3) I don't know well how I optimized the speed, but isn't also easy.
- Before losing skate, I jumped in order to maintain speed, because as soon as when landing, the speed starts decreasing, but before it, I can decrease slower for not pressing right until reaches his normal max speed value (without skate - 2.188).
- First boss defeated while going out of screen, exiting 1-4 directly.
Eventually I'll try to work on the next level. And note about the WIP: 1-4 is a first draft, and I don't know if that fruit can be avoided or not. Otherwise...