1 2
27 28 29
33 34
Experienced Forum User, Player (18)
Joined: 10/14/2005
Posts: 317
Looks like there is very little chance of achieving consensus on the blue ring, 16 bombs, maps & compasses, enemy bait, the red potion, or even the 255th rupee. jprofit22 perhaps you could hold a formal poll? I know democracy isn't perfect and you don't have to adhere to majority rule, but since the purpose of a TAS is to entertain it always helps to better know your audience.
Active player, Experienced Forum User (304)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3505
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
First edition TAS of 2015Innovative TAS of 2007
Just wanted to voice my opinion that I would definitely would watch a 100% run. jprofit, I say forget the meat and collect everything Toothache suggested, it looks fine to me.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 1/19/2009
Posts: 100
hanzou wrote:
Looks like there is very little chance of achieving consensus on the blue ring, 16 bombs, maps & compasses, enemy bait, the red potion, or even the 255th rupee. jprofit22 perhaps you could hold a formal poll? I know democracy isn't perfect and you don't have to adhere to majority rule, but since the purpose of a TAS is to entertain it always helps to better know your audience.
Good idea! :) As for the maps and compasses, i took a look and they're all kinda on the route. The compass in lvl 8 is the only one that seems like it would be a pain in the ass to get (only because there's like 7 of the mouse heads in there).
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 11/9/2008
Posts: 108
Location: New Orleans, LA U.S.A.
I would personally be very interested in seeing a 100% run. The terms seem pretty straightfoward, I guess the player would be forced to collect the 255 rupies before spending any to buy arrows or rings or anything. I definitely think collecting maps and compasses should be part of it, I know compasses are lame annoying and useless, but I'd love seeing the maps get collected and it only makes sense to include compasses.
__--N0ISE
Tompa
He/Him
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1948)
Joined: 8/15/2005
Posts: 1899
Location: Mullsjö, Sweden
NES TAS of 2018SNES TASer of 2017SNES TAS of 2017NES TAS of 2014GBA TASer of 2011GBA TAS of 2011SNES TASer of 2010
Meh for getting blue ring, blue candle and white sword.
Personman
Other
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 4/20/2008
Posts: 459
Guys. We're TASing this, right? http://forums.lostlevels.org/viewtopic.php?t=2471
A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.
Experienced Forum User, Player (230)
Joined: 7/30/2006
Posts: 207
Location: Alefgard, USA
--My opinion on the 100% run-- Yes: 16 bombs upgrade Master Key Master Sword Red Ring Red Candle Large Shield Letter to show Old Woman Finding All Heart Containers No: 255 Rupies Red Potion Enemy Bait Blue Ring Weak Boomerang Blue Candle (will probably be bought anyway, but replaced with red) Intermediate Sword Finding All "Secret to Everybody" places Getting all maps and compasses in dungeons .
Morrison
He/Him
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 8/2/2006
Posts: 193
Location: USA
The owner of the gambling den is going to go broke if Link has to afford all that stuff!
twitch.tv/Retrogaming2084
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1374)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
I am planning a 100% TAS, i.e. collecting all items - except those, which are replace by others and bombs, rupees and keys. But I am collecting all compasses and maps, because they can't be spend or lost. Of course 16 heart containers and 16 bomb upgrade. I have already planned the route of all dungeons, it just differs a bit from the any% TAS, by collecting maps, compasses and items. I am definitally sure, that I go to 3rd dungeon first, then a reset buying a blue candle, go to 4th dungeon. From the 4th to the 1st dungeon, on this route there's a heart container. After 1st dungeon I reset and go to 8th. Get 100 rupees and a heart containers on the route to 8th. theres a map from the overworld: http://www.zeldaeurope.de/galerie/displayimage.php?pid=16756&fullsize=1 I hope, I don't give up with this project :) Edit: I am not buying the large shield, 'cause it can be lost
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch Twitter
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1374)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
I would ask someone to help me on this project, 'cause I got frustated at the very beginning, being 2 frames to slow after collecting the sword. Here are the objecties I am aiming for: • All heart containers • 16 bombs upgrade • bow • arrows --> silver arrows • magic boomerang • ladder • raft • flute • wooden sword --> master sword • blue candle --> red candle • bracelet • magic wand • magic book • magic key • red ring • all dungeon maps • all dungeon compasses Please contact me, if someone like to work with me together.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch Twitter
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1374)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Progress: Finished 3rd dungeon, which was the first I did, and got 160 rupees from the rupee making game. 60 rupees for the blue candle and 100 rupees for the enemy bait. Currently I have some trouble with some enemies.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch Twitter
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 5/2/2009
Posts: 656
Woooo 100% TAS! any WIPs?
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1374)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Sharing a WIP now, would make no sense, because it´s very smiliar to the any% I improved the 3rd dungeon a bit, but now I have trouble with the money making game.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch Twitter
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1374)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
I found some RAM adresses for enemies. 0486-048B: It shows the enemies energy. The value 0, if an enemy is killed, means that there is no item, but if the value equals 128, means that there is an item to get. It doesn't show when to kill an enemy to get an item. 0413-0418: Shows when the enemy will drop an item. If the value equals 0, the enemy will not drop an item, but if it's 1 the enemy will drop an item. It depends on which frame they were killded. It doesn't work well with all kinds of enemies[/left]
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch Twitter
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 11/9/2008
Posts: 108
Location: New Orleans, LA U.S.A.
TASeditor: I am super excited that you are working on this run! I look forward to being able to see your work!
__--N0ISE
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1374)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Here's a WIP Link to video
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch Twitter
Active player, Experienced Forum User (304)
Joined: 4/21/2004
Posts: 3505
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
First edition TAS of 2015Innovative TAS of 2007
Very cool work taseditor. I am not so much in favor of picking compasses but if it means more tasing, why complain at all? :) So good choice and good luck.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Personman
Other
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 4/20/2008
Posts: 459
Awesome! Keep it up! One question: why no bat damage boost around 3:35? It could of course just be because you need the extra half heart later in the run, since we don't see you reset after that point in the WIP, but I'm curious since it seemed like such a good place for it.
A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1477)
Joined: 5/31/2004
Posts: 1821
TAS of 2013SNES TAS of 2013Speedy TAS of 2007Innovative TAS of 2007
TASeditor wrote:
Sharing a WIP now, would make no sense, because it´s very smiliar to the any% I improved the 3rd dungeon a bit, but now I have trouble with the money making game.
Err, improved it? Looks to me as if the first 1:40 of the movie you uploaded is an exact copy of the any% TAS. After that I think the quality of the movie unfortunately decreases. This is especially noticeable in the rooms where you have to defeat enemies (3:53-4:12). Those 2 rooms are cleared nearly 5 seconds faster in the any% run. Think you can improve them? I don't want to sound harsh or discourage you; I really wish you the best of luck. Just want to avoid a "you should have said so earlier". It may also be a good idea to lay out and discuss the route you are planning to take. There are many options and other people may come up with things you never even considered. I for instance investigated the option of skipping the blue candle and picking up the red candle instead for the any% TAS. That seemed to be slower for the any% TAS, but in a 100% TAS, where you have to pick up the red candle anyway, it may very well be a good option.
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1374)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Baxter wrote:
Err, improved it? Looks to me as if the first 1:40 of the movie you uploaded is an exact copy of the any% TAS.
Yes, the beginning is a copy of the "any" run, but I did some better boss manipulation, when my inputs starts, because it slows down when I have to get the map.
Baxter wrote:
After that I think the quality of the movie unfortunately decreases. This is especially noticeable in the rooms where you have to defeat enemies (3:53-4:12). Those 2 rooms are cleared nearly 5 seconds faster in the any% run. Think you can improve them?
Of course. I am trying my best. This was the fastet time I have got until now, but I try to improve it to get best results.
Baxter wrote:
It may also be a good idea to lay out and discuss the route you are planning to take. There are many options and other people may come up with things you never even considered. I for instance investigated the option of skipping the blue candle and picking up the red candle instead for the any% TAS. That seemed to be slower for the any% TAS, but in a 100% TAS, where you have to pick up the red candle anyway, it may very well be a good option.
I picked up the blue candle, because after the 4th dungeon I am going directly to the 1st one. On this route there is a heartcontainer in a tree, which have to be burnt. Going to the 1st dungeon is needed to get the bow before dungeon number 8. The magical key is protected by a ghoma two rooms before. I have to kill him before I can pass.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch Twitter
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1374)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
Can someone tell me, how I should optimal manipulate the enemies behaviour. I know that the enemies behavior depends on frames and Links position. It's so annoying sitting 2 days for one enemy. Is there some better method, than just trying.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch Twitter
Experienced Forum User, Player (35)
Joined: 9/11/2004
Posts: 2592
Location: Atlanta, GA
Try changing your path in a previous room, if possible.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Editor, Experienced Forum User
Joined: 3/31/2010
Posts: 1466
Location: Not playing Puyo Tetris
I can't seem to search a specific thread, so I will ask. Is there a Game Genie code to disable/mute the low health warning sound? Sorry if this has been asked before.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1477)
Joined: 5/31/2004
Posts: 1821
TAS of 2013SNES TAS of 2013Speedy TAS of 2007Innovative TAS of 2007
TASeditor wrote:
Can someone tell me, how I should optimal manipulate the enemies behaviour. I know that the enemies behavior depends on frames and Links position. It's so annoying sitting 2 days for one enemy. Is there some better method, than just trying.
No, there is nothing really that you can do besides trying a lot. Try pressing select at different positions, and for different amounts of time times until you get what you want or are happy with. You have to make a plan before you enter the room how many bombs you want to use, and which enemies you want to hit with it. Also note that hitting the sword at the same frame as an explosion does the damage of both. Good luck :).
Editor, Experienced Forum User, Skilled player (1374)
Joined: 7/9/2010
Posts: 1312
Glitchy TAS of 2015NES TASer of 2014Speedy TAS of 2014NES TAS of 2013
My PC is in repair once again. I getting it back later this week. So I had nothing to work on my project, but I planned the route a bit more further. So don't except another WIP before April. Sorry for that.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch Twitter
1 2
27 28 29
33 34