Le Manoir des Zombies (English: The Zombie Manor) is a short puzzle-platformer made by SJ Games, the same company that made the KUBO series. In this game, a tanuki must complete 2 puzzle levels and a boss fight to change himself back into a boy.
- Emulator used: FCEUX 2.6.4
- Ends input early due to being in position to collect the leaf
- Kills dead people
Some in-game physics
- The lag when there's 2 enemy sprites on the screen is horrendous. Thankfully, the lag stops when you kill the first one.
- The tanuki goes significantly faster on ice.
- In the final boss room, you must kill the boss before knocking down the wall, otherwise the button won't do anything.
- The game lags every 7 frames just like KUBO 3 and SkateCat.
Some of the strats were borrowed from Beardstrength, the RTA WR holder, and some I invented myself:
- Killing the first zombie before it turns around
- Turning left on the ladders to move the blocks sooner
- A slightly improved boss fight strategy
This is a demo, featuring only 2 levels and a boss fight. It’s unknown whether SJ Games is working on the full game.
Thanks for reading. As with all my other TASes, any improvements found would be much appreciated.
: Claiming for judging.
: Delaying since the author is still improving it.
: i wasn't able to go under 30 seconds, with my best effort being 30.15. you may now resume judging.
: Replacing with the final improvement, as the author informed me the work is over, and accepting.
Not sure if this is just a demo version and a full game is planned, or if it's a demonstration game for NESmaker Byte Off and it's done. Either way if a new, fuller demo is released, we can obsolete this one.