Experienced Forum User, Player (67)
Joined: 1/21/2011
Posts: 43
I really liked the Viscount battle. Did you redo it again since the previous WIP? It was really entertaining to see him get pummeled like that. How's work on the Thanatos battle going, by the way?
Experienced Forum User, Player (174)
Joined: 12/24/2010
Posts: 144
Location: Brazil
ZakkyDraggy wrote:
I really liked the Viscount battle. Did you redo it again since the previous WIP? It was really entertaining to see him get pummeled like that. How's work on the Thanatos battle going, by the way?
I'm already redoing Viscount battle, but its a bit slow because of lag, shots are very hard to be precise, sometime I have to wait 18 frames to shot the best shot possible plus hold the input for 2 frames to even be uploaded, also about Giga-Desp1 I'm already aware that if you let your charger on the minimum possible he may already shot you but if its at least 1 bar charged he will take a moment to shot yuou. Didnt began Thanatos yet due to Viscout possible improviment =/.
My main objective here is to TAS the most obscure games titles!
Experienced Forum User, Player (67)
Joined: 1/21/2011
Posts: 43
Ah. Well, I guess that means it'll be even more impressive. As for Giga-Desp 1, cool. Figured it wouldn't hurt to mention that. It doesn't strike me as something one would pick up on right away (I only did last year), but given the job you've done so far with your WIPs I should have figured you knew already. As for Thanatos, I was just curious. Cool that you're constantly pursuing possible improvements on what you've already done before moving on.
Experienced Forum User, Player (174)
Joined: 12/24/2010
Posts: 144
Location: Brazil
ZakkyDraggy wrote:
Ah. Well, I guess that means it'll be even more impressive. As for Giga-Desp 1, cool. Figured it wouldn't hurt to mention that. It doesn't strike me as something one would pick up on right away (I only did last year), but given the job you've done so far with your WIPs I should have figured you knew already. As for Thanatos, I was just curious. Cool that you're constantly pursuing possible improvements on what you've already done before moving on.
I just said about Giga-Desp 1 not to offend please dont misunderstand, since on internet its hard to define if what people say are innocent or not , but its always good to hear from other people strategies about the game, there is always something missing that we may dont know, like Thanatos strategy about shot on shoulders then use bomb and shot his armor for instant kill, I never tought about such a hard but effetive way to kill him. ;p Its good to see there is people interested on this work, always feedingback the answers, its keep me motivated to keep the work on and try find the best way to pleases thoses people which wish to see this run TASed.
My main objective here is to TAS the most obscure games titles!
Experienced Forum User, Player (67)
Joined: 1/21/2011
Posts: 43
It's fine. It was just meant to be a suggestion. I think I was just a bit overenthusiastic about it at the time with my emphasis, though, so I apologize for that. ^^; I really am interested in the work you're doing. Not only is it exciting to watch develop, but I'm learning a lot about the game that I didn't know in the process. :)
Experienced Forum User, Player (174)
Joined: 12/24/2010
Posts: 144
Location: Brazil
ZakkyDraggy wrote:
It's fine. It was just meant to be a suggestion. I think I was just a bit overenthusiastic about it at the time with my emphasis, though, so I apologize for that. ^^; I really am interested in the work you're doing. Not only is it exciting to watch develop, but I'm learning a lot about the game that I didn't know in the process. :)
That's ok dear =D ... man I'm working on Viscount right now.... I discovered another thing about bombs use, while the bomb is dealing damage to the boss you cant shot on him, its kinda make him invulnerable on the explosion period, also I get a time to make a longer charger shot and shot him on the armor to deal a bit more of damage, the only problem is that I'm using 2 bombs on him, so the vulnerability will be a pain to deal, also when the first bomb ends he will immediately move across the screen, giving a hard moment to hit him, think I will have to abuse the "Adjust Aim" twice on him... maybe until the day ends I'm able to post the WIP... maybe not... Hey dun think your wips didnt provide something for me too ;p
My main objective here is to TAS the most obscure games titles!
Experienced Forum User, Player (174)
Joined: 12/24/2010
Posts: 144
Location: Brazil
Link to video Improved Viscount battle in 4"66, I got a lot surprised by this improvment, while the bomb is performing the explosion action you can just shot 2 pelets per time, also while its damaging the boss your shots will not damage him, so I take advantage to charger a stronger shot and on the 2nd bomb I must charge 2 bars shot because its travels faster than turbo shots, my time using turbos shot after the bomb should be around 5"56.
My main objective here is to TAS the most obscure games titles!
Experienced Forum User, Player (67)
Joined: 1/21/2011
Posts: 43
Now THAT is impressive! That and the fact that I have no idea what in the world happened. I like the fact that it didn't look like you were even close to destroying him and then BOOM.
Experienced Forum User
Joined: 8/17/2007
Posts: 41
SDA just posted a segmented run for both Falcon http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetalCombat.html#Falconnormal Tornado http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetalCombat.html#Tornadonormal pretty awesome. It makes me excited for this TAS
Experienced Forum User, Player (174)
Joined: 12/24/2010
Posts: 144
Location: Brazil
DoctorJohn wrote:
SDA just posted a segmented run for both Falcon http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetalCombat.html#Falconnormal Tornado http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetalCombat.html#Tornadonormal pretty awesome. It makes me excited for this TAS
Wow, pretty nice, ZakkyDraggy did it ? man thats freaking awesome, it will help expand the game, Wonderful work Zakky, also I will try get back to work once I finish a project with a friend. I'm still at Anubis, I'm trying to dismember only 1 part to make it vulnerable enough to kill with a lv7 charged shot plus 2 bombs while I dismember him! if this dont work then probably will use your strategy on his since its the faster I saw until now.
My main objective here is to TAS the most obscure games titles!
Experienced Forum User, Player (67)
Joined: 1/21/2011
Posts: 43
laranja wrote:
DoctorJohn wrote:
SDA just posted a segmented run for both Falcon http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetalCombat.html#Falconnormal Tornado http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetalCombat.html#Tornadonormal pretty awesome. It makes me excited for this TAS
Wow, pretty nice, ZakkyDraggy did it ? man thats freaking awesome, it will help expand the game, Wonderful work Zakky, also I will try get back to work once I finish a project with a friend. I'm still at Anubis, I'm trying to dismember only 1 part to make it vulnerable enough to kill with a lv7 charged shot plus 2 bombs while I dismember him! if this dont work then probably will use your strategy on his since its the faster I saw until now.
The funny thing is that I actually found improvements for my Falcon run a few months after it had been accepted and as for the Tornado, there are a few things I've seen in your WIPs that I want to try and test to see if they'd work for a console run. So pretty much I'm going to end up redoing both again someday. I also still plan on doing single-segment runs of the game at some point, but I haven't had time lately and I know those are going to take a lot of attempts and time.
Experienced Forum User, Player (174)
Joined: 12/24/2010
Posts: 144
Location: Brazil
ZakkyDraggy wrote:
The funny thing is that I actually found improvements for my Falcon run a few months after it had been accepted and as for the Tornado, there are a few things I've seen in your WIPs that I want to try and test to see if they'd work for a console run. So pretty much I'm going to end up redoing both again someday. I also still plan on doing single-segment runs of the game at some point, but I haven't had time lately and I know those are going to take a lot of attempts and time.
Well, it may really take some time, also how about a single-segment using hardest mode?
My main objective here is to TAS the most obscure games titles!
Experienced Forum User, Player (67)
Joined: 1/21/2011
Posts: 43
A single-segment using hardest mode? Now that might REALLY take some time. ;)