I just want to put here how glad I am that you resurrected this thread. If you hadn't, the Quest for Glory 1 TAS would not exist right now.
Maybe this can encourage others to resurrect old threads for games they're interested in. Who knows what will come of it!
I'll share this here. I created a prototype 517 point TAS:
Link to video
I don't intend to submit it because there are a lot of things that can be improved:
* I used the default RNG seed rather than picking a specific one that would lead to better luck elsewhere (mostly on account of not knowing where I'd need what luck and how many times RNG would be called on the route)
* Related to RNG seed - the mage's maze I spawned required 2 fetch casts. Ideally I'd spawn one requiring 0, skipping the need for a mana potion at all.
* I figured out that SCI would still poll the keyboard during screen transitions, which would allow me to dump input into the parser while the next screen loads (which I've been calling "Parser Dumping"). I didn't figure this out until after climbing the alley wall.
* Related to parser dumping, I didn't get the idea to slowly build up the parser over several screen transitions until after the archery range.
* It's possible to run past the second sign at magic mountain without the text box popping up.
* I originally routed sleeping at the dryad to skip the stag animation, not realizing sleeping is 8 seconds long. Ideally I'd do the meeps, mushroom, dryad and mirror lake on day 1.
* You have to leave town through the town gates twice before Bruno will show up. A perfect luck route would have me leave town through the gates twice after visiting the alley rather than climb the alley wall.
* Small thing: "get" apple and jar rather than "buy". "get" could be noun stacked with flying water or rocks.
* It would be ideal to set up the conditions of the one-hit KO on the cheetaur on the way to the archery range rather than setting it up after spawning a cheetaur at night.
* On night 2 hero should kill the cheetaur & troll and get the fairy dust before climbing into town. And yes this is before I buy flame dart - hero should throw rocks instead and never buy flame dart.
* While robbing L.O.L., "pat cat" should be the first command rather than the last.
* The other changes in route above mean that healer should be visited only once: On day 3 to turn in everything at once, ask her a question and then buy the undead unguent and get the dispel potion.
* Night 3 will look the same in town, but after leaving town will consist of getting the mandrake, visiting Baba Yaga, using the dispel potion and then visiting Baba Yaga again. Ending the game at midnight on day 3.
* First time on Baba Yaga's screen needs to start with "hut of brown" rather than ask about deal and then do the rhyme.
* I didn't test using trigger on the chest in the kobold cave.
EDIT: I uploaded the input file here: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/72871155381517552
Version 1.0 doesn't check which class you are when you play mage's maze. Fighters and thieves can end up with 517 that way. I picked thief since the fighter requires 1000 experience points to encounter saurus rex (4 points).