= Tier: Vault
|Genesis James Pond 3: Operation Starfish (USA) "best ending" in 33:50.62 by Flip.|
|Gens movie (.gmv) (date: 2007-12-08)|
AVI file via BitTorrent (size: 115.59 MB, length: 43:07)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #1709 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 5.8 (20.5 votes)
|- Best ending|
- Takes damage to save time
- Genre: Platform
|James Pond 3: Operation Starfish (1993) is a platform game starring a super agile fish named James Pond, which has been Amiga's somewhat preemptive answer to Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario World games. The physics of this game allow for many interesting acrobatics, like running up the walls and ceilings at breakneck speed. As such, these abilities are abused to the point where, in some parts, Pond bounces around as fast as Sonic does.
Following the game's plot, the evil Dr. Maybe attempts to take over the dairy industry, for which he constructs a giant stronghold on the Moon. Because, as you probably know, its surface is made of cheese. The overworld map spans over 100 levels, but most of them are optional.
This run is the author's second submission for this game. The Cheese Mines and Stiltonium Machines were destroyed in order to reach the good ending. According to the author, the bad ending is about as bad as losing the game.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff