= Tier: Moons
|SNES Zero: The Kamikaze Squirrel (USA) in 09:38.85 by Cpadolf.|
|snes9x movie (.smv) (date: 2009-02-12)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 27.38 MB, length: 11:55)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #2173 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #525 (11:21.55)
Rating: 7.5 (24.5 votes)
|- Genre: Platform|
|This game has many qualities that make it a good candidate for TASing. These include soft, pleasing graphics, music that's not painful to listen to, and of course, a very speedy main character. Unfortunately, some of the game's bosses have long invulnerability periods, meaning that Zero has to wait a bit between hits and cannot spam the bosses with 30 hits per second.
The game is not meant to be quite as straightforward as it would seem by watching this movie, as the author takes many shortcuts that require extremely precise jumping. This is an improvement of well over a minute and a half due to better optimization and new shortcuts and tricks.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff