= Tier: Vault
|NES EarthBound Beginnings (USA) in 47:56.08 by Nitrodon.|
|FCEU movie (.fcm) (date: 2009-06-17)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 35.62 MB, length: 54:31)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 73.05 MB, length: 54:31)
Mirror www.archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror www.archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #2252 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 5.9 (18 votes)
|- Forgoes major skip glitch|
- Forgoes time-saving glitches
- Heavy luck manipulation
- Unofficial game
- Genre: RPG
|EarthBound Beginnings is the first game in the Mother/EarthBound series, known simply as Mother in Japan. It was localized for a 1990 US release, but wasn't released outside Japan until 2015. During that time, the original localized title, "EarthBound", was used for the English release of Mother 2.
Long referred to as "EarthBound Zero" by fans, the game was finally given an official title for its Wii U eShop release.
This movie is done on the US prototype, which does not have the "bread crumbs" glitch used in our other movie of the game. It does, however, have a run button, which means this movie may seem faster at times, even though it's a lot longer.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff