= Tier: Moons
|Genesis Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (USA) in 22:18.42 by Dammit.|
|Gens movie (.gmv) (date: 2009-06-21)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 103.48 MB, length: 27:37)
Submission #2238 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #591 (25:03.77)
Rating: 7.7 (15 votes)
|- Uses death to save time|
- Uses hardest difficulty
- Genre: Platform
|Shinobi 3 is a high class platformer with amazing graphics and sound. You control the ninja Musashi, who in this update has many new moves and abilities. He begins the game armed with 0 shurikens, but apparently someone felt the need to leave some conveniently in his way to use.
The author shows an extremely entertaining route featuring abuse of the Jump kick move, using wallkicks to fly up sheer cliffs, and even sacrificing lives to smash bosses.
During autoscroll sections Dammit is sure to entertain you by insulting the inept hordes of enemies, insulting the Genesis hardware itself in one special palette error case, and pulling some disappearing acts crazy enough to be worthy of a Ninja. He also made 2 minutes and 45 seconds of the previous run disappear in a cloud of smoke.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff