= Tier: Moons
|GB Super Mario Land (USA v1.1) in 12:13.68 by xenos.|
|VBA movie (.vbm) (date: 2009-08-05)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 15.70 MB, length: 15:04)
Watch on (www.dailymotion.com)
Submission #2328 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #330 (12:14.92)
Rating: 7.5 (15 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Genre: Platform
This movie has been obsoleted!Click here to see the movie that obsoleted it.
Aside from Tetris, Super Mario Land is probably the most well-known cartridge for the original Gameboy. It features a marked departure from traditional Mario enemies and themes, including Sphinxes, seahorses, fists emerging from pipes, Egyptian-themed levels, Chinese-themed levels and UFO-themed levels.
The movie this obsoletes was the first published Gameboy movie on this site. Remarkably, 4 years later, this improves it by only 74 frames, which is less than 2 seconds. Interestingly, this movie racks up exactly the same number of points as the original, the author making up for some new routes that didn't give as many as the previous.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff