= Tier: Moons
|Genesis Alien Soldier (JPN) in 18:32.27 by Dammit & Truncated.|
|Gens movie (.gmv) (date: 2009-09-02)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 143.23 MB, length: 25:04)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #2386 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 8.0 (25 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Uses hardest difficulty
- Genre: Platform
- Genre: Shooter
|VISUALSHOCK! SPEEDSHOCK! SOUNDSHOCK! |
NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!
Alien Soldier, released in 1995, is a spiritual successor to Gunstar Heroes (you can tell by the cameo appearances of certain bosses), and a real treat in terms of production values as described in the tagline quoted above. The game's rather nonsensical plot boils down to the protagonist, Epsilon-Eagle, having to fight his former terrorist comrades (as well as everything on his path). Thankfully, speedrunners don't care about plots either way.
What is more important is that Alien Soldier epitomizes Treasure's concept of an action game: a fast-paced, flashy, relentless boss rush. As such, it has 33 grotesque bosses, each of them promising a guaranteed game over for inexperienced players. However, using Epsilon-Eagle's vast arsenal of weapons and dodging abilities, the authors plow through the game's "SUPERHARD" difficulty without any regard to its name in this long-awaited movie, achieving a total in-game time of 8 minutes 13 seconds.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff