Robin Hood - Prince Of Thieves
- fceu 0.98.16 was used
- This run will NOT sync with the German ROM.
- Aims for fastest time
- Takes damage to save time
The run is 23:42 minutes long, 85332 frames.
Prince John and the sheriff, they were running the show. Raising the taxes 'cause they needed the dough. A reign of terror took over the land. They was shaking down the people just to beat the band.
The people were unhappy, morale was low, they had no place to turn to, there was nowhere to go. They needed a hero, but no one could be found, 'cause Robin Hood was out of town.
And that is where this TAS begins...
This game reminds me of Zelda I, Trojan, and a violent version of Sensible Soccer.
The game is split into 4 different sequences:
This is the most common sequence of the game, and the part which reminds me of Zelda. The player controls Robin, and runs around from point A to B (Mostly from the camp to a place where a mission takes place, and then back to the camp).
In this mode, Robin mostly gets attacked by guards, but wolves, rats and snakes are not uncommon enemies. Robin can use several different weapons to defend himself in this mode, but I stick to the sword. If Robin, or someone in Robin's band, uses a Red Potion or drinks Healing Water, Robin's walking speed is greatly increased. Robin's walking speed is also affected by the amount of equipment he is carrying (That's why I drop items I don't need rather than putting them in my backpack).
A few times in the game, Robin goes on a duel man-on-man. These battles are boring to watch, I know, because all I do is place the enemy in a situation where he can't strike back, and just kill him as fast as possible. This is the part which reminds me of Trojan.
Imagine having hooligans in Sensible Soccer. Well, there you have this game's overview fights. In the later fights, I let my characters die, because they fewer alive characters, the fewer enemies attack me. The AI is horrible in every way, so these parts are so awful that it makes me sad.
2 of them in the game. First time, Robin, Duncan and Azeem are being chased by a couple of guards, and jump over rocks. Second time, there are no guards chasing, so I do not really know the point of the second ride.
- General stuff about the run
- Peter dies no matter what
- I enter Locksley Hall suboptimal to prevent a rat-lag-infestion.
- After using Friar Tuck's Red Potion, I switch back to Robin Hood, so Robin gets the Red Potion from the Weapons Master's cabin.
- For some reason, a double strike do not work on Sheriff (Last battle), so he takes one hit, and then is able to jump and avoid my second attack. Fast fellow.
- After defeating Guy and Friar Tuck joins the party, you are supposed to talk to Marian and lose Duncan, but I keep Duncan, as he's still out of the gameplay after that mission.
- I'm pretty certain that a using bow would be slower. Only Locksley Bow has good strength, but it drains too many arrows.
Perhaps this game is a little repetetive, but I don't think so though. I see it as a fast paced Zelda-clone, and people seem to like Zelda.
I am not sure that this is how the game ends. The credits do not start to roll, but the credits don't start to roll even if you press a lot of buttons during the wedding scene, it just loops. Anyone knows this better than me?