= Tier: Moons
|PSX Mega Man X5 (USA) in 16:51.08 by Mothrayas.|
|PCSX movie (.pxm) (date: 2010-06-15)|
MP4 file via BitTorrent (size: 130.16 MB, length: 21:16)
Watch on (aktan.site90.com)
Submission #2690 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1272 (16:58.68)
Rating: 7.0 (12 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Uses hardest difficulty
- Genre: Platform
This movie has been obsoleted!Click here to see the movie that obsoleted it.
In an effort to avoid status quo, Capcom decided to experiment with this game, throwing in a leveling system and story-based launch scenarios. Beyond that, it's really just a
Mega Man X game Zero game.
This game is the first Mega Man game to allow choosing, each stage, one of two playable characters, X or Zero. However Zero is judged as the greater of the two, so X is left behind gathering dust. The abuse-able sword physics points to Zero's superiority, especially when the sword is used while standing on the ground. Bosses fall very quickly, even when they have 127 health. The downside to Zero's sword is the delay when the sword hits in the air.
There is about 5 minutes of action in this run, which consists mostly of flying through levels and boss rush on the hardest difficulty mode, Xtreme.
This run is ~8 seconds faster than the previous run.
We also have a run which completes all stages.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff