= Tier: Stars
|Arcade Metal Slug X (World) in 18:32.2 by x2poet.|
|Final Burn Alpha movie (.fbm) (date: 2011-05-18)|
MP4 file via BitTorrent (size: 87.43 MB, length: 23:24)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Watch on (aktan.site90.com)
Submission #3125 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1385 (18:48.4)
Rating: 8.5 (22.5 votes)
|- 2 Players|
- Forgoes time-saving death
- Heavy luck manipulation
- Uses hardest difficulty
- Genre: Shooter
|Metal Slug X (2001) is a remixed version of Metal Slug 2, the second installment of an immensely popular run'n'gun series released on the Neo Geo MVS. The games are notable for incredibly detailed pixel graphics, fluid animation, and good humor; but the real key to their longevity is, of course, their high difficulty as far as survival goes.
This is x2poet's 16.42 seconds improvement over the previous movie, despite now using the hardest difficulty setting. One notable improvement is the use of both players, compared to one in the obsoleted run.
You can also see more of x2poet's Metal Slug work by looking at his runs from Metal Slug, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug Advance.
You may experience desync issues if you try to play the FBM file. You can download a set of save states, from the author, to watch it from the beginning to the end. For more information about this, you can read the author's comments.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff