Emulator used: SNES9x 1.43 v11 (compatibile with v10, v9)
Here is an improvement of 59 frames to the previous movie
. Much of this run was copied from the previous run, so there is not a lot of new material. This is because the scores for each level are particularly selected to minimize fadeout lag.
- #1 Iggy's Castle
- 4 frames faster on the boss fight due to a different beginning strategy
- Donut Secret 1
- 11 frames faster by using 1/1 swimming.
- Donut Secret House
- 7 frames gained from a better way of passing through the stairs. 5 frames gained from turning around faster after grabbing the P-switch.
- Star World 2
- 10 frames gained by using 1/1 swimming.
- Star World 3
- 1 frame faster by using Left+Right when changing flight direction. 1 more frame gained by dropping and regrabbing the key before getting to the keyhole.
- 16 frames "faster" by using a different strategy that hits Bowser on the same frame, but allows the input to be stopped earlier.
- Also gained 4 more frames in different map transition and level transition frame amounts.
Thanks to Mister for the discovery of 1/1 swimming, though it is a big pain to implement :)
Also, there is a 96-exit improvement in the works as well.
: Though Genisto claimed to have gained five frames on this boss fight before fadeout lag, he used an inconsistent measuring point (the after-boss sound effect) and in fact only gained three after setting the score to 0 to remove fadeout lag. I only mention this because I am sure someone will be asking about it.
: Canceling due to existing improvements. A more complete improvement is planned for the future.