= Tier: Stars
= Notable improvement
|NES Battletoads (USA) "warps, 2 players" in 11:04.72 by feos & MESHUGGAH.|
|FCEUX movie (.fm2) (date: 2011-11-16)|
MP4 file via BitTorrent (size: 34.73 MB, length: 12:09)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 33.96 MB, length: 12:09)
Mirror www.archive.org (MP4 Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #3356 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #291 (15:29.03)
Obsoletes movie #310 (13:27.98)
Rating: 8.7 (30.5 votes)
|- 2 Players|
- Uses death to save time
- Uses warps
- Forgoes major skip glitch
- Forgoes final boss skip glitch
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Forgoes time-saving glitches
- Foregoes memory corruption
- Genre: Fighting
- Genre: Platform
|Battletoads (1991) is a futuristic beat 'em up known for its graphics and extreme difficulty. The story is that the sexy Dark Queen who wants to rule the universe has kidnapped Princess Angelica and a toad named Pimple. Two other toads, Rash and Zitz, attempt to rescue them and defeat the Dark Queen.
Maybe you thought Battletoads was a game full of amphibians, but it is actually full of bugs. Those beta testers really should have spent a little more time on this game...
In this run, feos and MESHUGGAH beat the previously fastest TAS of this game by 2:22.16, this time using 2 players instead of 1. You will laugh, you will cry, but most of all, you will wonder how in the world they broke this game so much. Do yourself a favor and read the authors' notes.
To see the game broken even further with the use of memory corruption, watch this run.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Added NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 1 player"
by feos, Alyosha & Samsara in 21:38.38
- obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 1 player"
by Phil & Genisto in 24:20.12
- - obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 1 player"
by foda in 26:31.67 (2005-01-22) - - - obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 1 player"
by foda in 27:33.38 (2004-05-20)
Added NES Battletoads (USA) "game end glitch"
by MESHUGGAH & feos in 00:56.76
- obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "game end glitch"
by MESHUGGAH in 00:56.94
- - obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "game end glitch"
by TheZlomuS & DyLaX in 01:02.68 (2012-09-11)
Added NES Battletoads (USA) "warps, 2 players"
by feos & MESHUGGAH in 11:04.72
- obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warps, 2 players"
by foda in 15:29.03
- obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warps, 1 player"
by Phil & Genisto in 13:27.98
- - obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warps, 2 players"
by Phil & Genisto in 19:18.78 (2004-04-29)
Added NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 2 players"
by foda in 24:57.47
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff