= Tier: Stars
= Notable improvement
|SNES Super Mario World (USA) "warps" in 09:57.82 by bahamete, Kaizoman666, Mister & PangaeaPanga.|
|snes9x movie (.smv) (date: 2012-01-08)|
MP4 file via BitTorrent (size: 30.25 MB, length: 15:11)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 32.62 MB, length: 15:11)
Mirror www.archive.org (MP4 Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.nicovideo.jp)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #3407 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1912 (10:20.6)
Rating: 9.2 (36.5 votes)
|- Contains speed/entertainment tradeoffs|
- Uses death to save time
- Takes damage to save time
- Forgoes major skip glitch
- Forgoes final boss skip glitch
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Forgoes time-saving glitches
- Corrupts memory
- Genre: Platform
This movie has been obsoleted!Click here to see the movie that obsoleted it.
This is the 10th published movie of Super Mario World that beats the game by clearing 11 of the 96 exits, the shortest route intended by the game developers. Of all the previous movies, not one had obsoleted its predecessor by more than 15 seconds. This movie sets a new record by beating the previous movie by 22.68 seconds and clocking in under 10 minutes. Ironically, Mario dies in the process.
The authors of this movie have found (more) new glitches to save time. The notable differences in gameplay are:
We recommend reading the author's comments to understand how the new glitches are used in this movie.
There are also movies of this game that trigger the credits early, clear all 96 exits, clear as many exits as possible as small Mario, and write a program using the game's code.
- Plays a level which was not previously played (Yoshi's Island 1)
- Skips Iggy's Castle
- Optimizes Bowser fight
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff