= Tier: Moons
|DS Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (USA) "Julius, in bounds" in 19:20.63 by Cpadolf.|
|DeSmuME movie (.dsm) (date: 2012-07-28)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 141.95 MB, length: 21:34)
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 137.90 MB, length: 21:34)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #3660 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 8.2 (11.5 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Forgoes major skip glitch
- Forgoes time-saving glitches
- Second quest/Post game-completion
- Starts from a saved state or SRAM
- Genre: Action
- Genre: Platform
- Genre: RPG
|Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (2005), the first installment of Castlevania on Nintendo DS, is a direct sequel to GBA hit Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.
Like its predecessor, after finishing the game, you can choose to ignore pretty-boy Soma Cruz and instead play as Julius Belmont. Unfortunately, it seems that Julius's skills have waned a bit since his last appearance. Yoko Belnades and Alucard easily pick up the slack, though.
This run avoids the use of large-skip glitches that can be seen in our other run of Julius in Dawn of Sorrow, showing off more of the game.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff