= Tier: Vault
|DOS Castle Adventure (USA) in 00:19.45 by Ilari & Truncated.|
|JPC-RR movie (.jrsr) (date: 2012-11-10)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 706.14 KB, length: 00:28)
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 805.38 KB, length: 00:28)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #3678 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 5.1 (21 votes)
|- Genre: Adventure|
|Castle Adventure is a game made in 1984 about a |cloverleaf person trapped in a deserted castle with monsters roaming around. You have to find a way to escape the castle by searching for clues.
You move around with the arrow keys. If you manage to find a weapon, you can attack enemies by simply moving into them. Similarily, you can pick up objects on the ground by moving into them. You can also type in commands such as "LOOK DESK", "TAKE KEY", "READ BOOK", and "DROP FLASK". There are treasures to be found and monsters to be slain in order to increase your score.
In this TAS, Ilari & Truncated clear the game in a blindingly fast 19.45 seconds utilizing subframe optimization and rapid keyboard-twisting input. For details, read the authors' comments.
The run is so fast that the emulator can't draw all of the game's video output, so the downloadable encodes are made with a hacked version of the emulator that draws all of them.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff