= Tier: Vault
|GBA Densetsu no Stafy (JPN) in 03:28.68 by jlun2.|
|VBA movie (.vbm) (date: 2013-01-25)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 19.16 MB, length: 08:39)
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 21.43 MB, length: 08:39)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #3835 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1964 (03:32.45)
Rating: 4.6 (6 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Major skip glitch
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Genre: Platform
|Densetsu no Stafy, or The Legendary Starfy, is a platform game developed by TOSE and published by Nintendo. The story is that a cute little star named Starfy accidentally releases a powerful demon from a magic jar. The demon, Ogura, then takes over Starfy's home in the cloud-kingdom of Pufftop and causes a storm which knocks Starfy into the water below. With the help of some new water-abilities and new friends, Starfy journeys to return to Pufftop and seal Ogura away once again.
The author, jlun2, abuses a glitch that allows him to start playing from the middle of the attract mode demo and challenge the final boss much earlier than he's supposed to. In doing so, he improves his previous attempt by 4.71 seconds through better optimization.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff