= Tier: Moons
|SNES Kaizo Mario World 3 in 17:11.23 by ISM, Mister.|
|snes9x movie (.smv) (date: 2013-02-16)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 47.43 MB, length: 22:10)
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 48.42 MB, length: 22:10)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #3860 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 8.7 (26 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Unofficial game
- Genre: Platform
|Kaizo Mario (友人マリオ Yūjin Mario) is a Nicovideo phenomenon born from a person's desire to make his friend play his super-hard Mario hack and post the results on Nicovideo. By chance, this hack made its fame on Youtube when a team of Let's Play gamers obtained the hack and recorded a video of them playing it. The most well-known YouTube video in this series is the first part of ProtonJonSA's attempt of Special Stage 2 and his subsequent nervous breakdown.
Kaizo Mario World 3 (友人マリオ3 Yūjin Mario 3) is the third installment of the Kaizo Mario series. In addition to the video's popularity, the hack is well-done in comparison to the previous two.
Themes that are common to Kaizo hacks:
In this run, ISM and Mister break the game completely with glitches, just as in the 96-exit TAS of Super Mario World. Said glitches involve making things appear out of nowhere, glitching through walls, and carrying Yoshi through to the next level, something not intended by the maker of this hack.
- Extremely rigid windows of opportunity, with missed opportunities resulting in death.
- Set-ups that demand the highest caliber of Super Mario World physics abuse.
- Set-ups that require stunts that are tantamount to glitches.
- Traps that cannot be foreseen without knowing that they exist, including but not limited to invisible blocks and being killed after apparently clearing a level.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff