= Tier: Moons
|PSX Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (USA) in 45:25.8 by lapogne36.|
|PSXjin movie (.pjm) (date: 2013-06-05)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 352.70 MB, length: 50:47)
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 394.58 MB, length: 50:47)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #3972 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 7.5 (6 votes)
|- Uses death to save time|
- Takes damage to save time
- Genre: Platform
|Klonoa: Door to Phantomile is the critically acclaimed first game in the Klonoa series. It features the catlike Klonoa and his friend Huepow, a ring spirit. Together, they go on a journey to investigate a mysterious shipwreck that soon turns into a grand adventure to save the land from a powerful demon.
Like Kirby 64, the game is a 2.5D platformer. Klonoa can only move in two dimensions, but everything is rendered in 3D, allowing the path to curve and objects outside the path to be interacted with. Klonoa can attack by throwing Huepow at enemies and having him return with the enemy. Klonoa will then hold the enemy over his head, which allows him either to throw it another enemy or bounce off of it to jump into the air.
In this run, lapogne36 aims to complete the game in the fastest time, chaining enemy jumps and even using death as a shortcut at one point to complete the game in just over 45 minutes.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff