= Tier: Moons
|NES Mega Man 3 (JPN) in 30:21.08 by Pike & Tiancaiwhr.|
|FCEUX movie (.fm2) (date: 2013-08-07)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 45.09 MB, length: 33:48)
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 47.19 MB, length: 33:48)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4033 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1150 (30:44.73)
Rating: 8.4 (13.5 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Heavy luck manipulation
- Genre: Platform
|Mega Man 3 (ＵＳＡのロックマン３) is the first game in the Mega Man / Rockman series to introduce sliding (though the ability to charge the Mega Buster would have to wait until game 4). It also introduced Rush the robotic dog, who provides the abilities of Rush Coil, Rush Marine, and Rush Jet. Furthermore, after you beat the 8 robot masters, the game makes you revisit modified versions of four stages to fight the Doc Robots, who imitate the robot masters from Mega Man 2. This set a precedent in the Mega Man series to have additional stages between the main robot masters and Dr. Wily's fortress.
This run completes the game about 20.61 seconds faster than the previous movie thanks to a new route, more glitches, and better optimization.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff