= Tier: Stars
|GBA Metroid: Zero Mission (USA) "100%" in 1:00:46.28 by Dragonfangs.|
|VBA movie (.vbm) (date: 2013-09-13)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 181.23 MB, length: 1:04:31)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 181.40 MB, length: 1:04:31)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4069 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1380 (1:01:08.0)
Rating: 9.0 (12 votes)
|- 100% completion|
- Takes damage to save time
- Genre: Action
- Genre: Platform
|Samus's first adventure is retold in Metroid: Zero Mission with extra storyline, extra items and on a system with a better graphics processor. This run completes the game with 100% item collection, at least as far as the end-of-game display is concerned.
This is an improvement to cpadolf's 100% TAS, beating it by 38.26 seconds, 32 seconds on the ingame timer. A large part of this (29 realtime seconds, 17 ingame seconds) is because of a few route changes during the item cleanup after getting Power Bombs, but it's also because of higher optimization, faster room strategies, and better ammo management throughout the run. However, since this run is also made on a newer emulator than the published run, every room transition takes 1-2 frames longer, and the screen explaining a newly picked up item (not expansions) is a few frames slower as well.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff