= Tier: Moons
|GBC Pokémon: Silver Version (USA/Europe) in 30:39.49 by MrWint.|
|Bizhawk movie (.bkm) (date: 2014-04-03)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 28.53 MB, length: 34:36)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 28.45 MB, length: 34:36)
Mirror www.archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror www.archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4233 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #2504 (54:24.96)
Rating: 7.7 (11.5 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Major skip glitch
- Final boss skip glitch
- Executes arbitrary code
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Corrupts memory
- Heavy luck manipulation
- Genre: RPG
|Pokémon: Silver Version takes place 3 years after Blue, Red and Yellow, and puts the player in a brand new world: Johto. The gameplay is very similar to the previous games, but with several improvements, including new functions for the player's PokéGear, a Pokédex that can now be sorted by evolution type, and of course, new Pokémon.
In this run, MrWint uses a glitch involving the Coin Case to execute arbitrary code and finish the game 24 minutes faster than the previous version. As with his TASes of Red Version, the entire input file was generated by a computer program that brute forced the game for optimal luck manipulation. The expansive testing done by the program is the reason for the astronomical rerecord count.
We also have a run of a second generation Pokémon game that avoids corrupting the memory.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff