= Tier: Moons
|PSX Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (USA) "Richter mode" in 05:39.85 by pirate_sephiroth & ForgoneMoose.|
|PSXjin movie (.pjm) (date: 2014-04-21)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 31.35 MB, length: 11:39)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 35.45 MB, length: 11:39)
Mirror www.archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror www.archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4275 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1275 (05:41.73)
Rating: 8.8 (7.5 votes)
|- Heavy glitch abuse|
- Second quest/Post game-completion
- Starts from a saved state or SRAM
- Genre: Action
- Genre: Adventure
- Genre: Platform
- Genre: RPG
|Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the first installment of the Castlevania series on PSX, and was also the very first PSX game to have a published TAS.
Follow Richter (playable after you beat the game once) as he glitches and speeds through the castle on a quest to defeat Dracula. If you like fast sliding, dashing, uppercutting, and using precipitation to defeat bosses, you'll love this run.
This is an improvement of 1.90 over the previous run. You can read the author's comments for more information.
TASVideos also has several runs using Alucard, including a Replay run, a run that aims for fastest time on a clean save, and a run that kills every boss and obtains all relics. We also have a run from the Saturn version using Maria.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff