= Tier: Moons
|GC Luigi's Mansion (USA) "chest glitch" in 10:11.85 by solarplex.|
|Dolphin movie (.dtm) (date: 2014-04-28)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 106.97 MB, length: 14:21)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 103.81 MB, length: 14:21)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4230 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 7.9 (12 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Major skip glitch
- Uses hardest difficulty
- Second quest/Post game-completion
- Starts from a saved state or SRAM
- Genre: Action
|Luigi wins a mansion in a contest and his brother, Mario, goes missing there. It is your goal to search the haunted mansion to figure out where he is. Your weapons to protect you are a flashlight and the Poltergust 3000, a ghost vacuum. Capturing ghosts and collecting keys helps you progress in your quest to find Mario.
The author, solarplex, utilizes out-of-bounds glitches to skip 19 of the 23 Portrait Ghosts and all of the Boos (except King Boo), beating the whole game in around 10 minutes with TAS timing, or 8:28:52 with RTA timing.
This run plays the Hidden Mansion, a mode unlocked after beating the game once that increases the power of the Poltergust and allows skipping some cutscenes, to make the run more entertaining. We do not normally accept runs that start from dirty SRAM; see the rules for more details.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff