= Tier: Moons
= Notable improvement
|Windows VVVVVV (2.0) in 08:45.87 by Scepheo.|
|Hourglass movie (.wtf) (date: 2014-05-17)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 25.78 MB, length: 10:27)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 29.29 MB, length: 10:27)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4302 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #2368 (13:30.25)
Rating: 8.3 (14 votes)
|- Uses death to save time|
- Forgoes major skip glitch
- Forgoes a time-saving restart sequence
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Forgoes time-saving glitches
- Genre: Action
- Genre: Puzzle
|In VVVVVV, the player controls Captain Viridian, who is lost in an alternate dimension, in search of the missing members of the spaceship's crew. Instead of jumping, the player is able to control the direction of gravity, allowing Captain Viridian to flip between the floors and ceilings of the environment. The graphical style of the game is heavily influenced by the Commodore 64.
In this run, Scepheo blazes to the ending in less than 9 minutes (7:55 according to the in-game timer), skips the fearsome Gravitron, and rescues the crew in a fraction of the length of the ship's regulated lunch break. Scepheo also improves Masterjun's previous run by over 4 and a half minutes through a new route and a new glitch that allows the captain to be flung out of a teleporter into a wall. For more information, see the author's comments.
This run avoids using glitches that require pressing the Escape key. There is also a run that uses these glitches to beat the game even faster.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
-  Windows VVVVVV (2.0) "game end glitch" by Masterjun in 00:45.33
-  Windows VVVVVV (2.0) "20 trinkets, no death mode" by Masterjun in 17:33.77
-  DS Myst (USA) by Scepheo in 01:07.16
-  NES Metal Force (Korea) by adelikat, Aglar, Anty-Lemon, Aqfaq, Cardboard, Masterjun, MESHUGGAH, Mothrayas, MUGG, negative seven, Scepheo, thelegendarymudkip & Truncated in 13:09.6
-  Windows Nikujin (JPN v1.12) by BrotherMojo in 02:53.72
-  Windows Spyman (JPN) by nitrogenesis in 01:14.36
-  Windows Braid (World) by keylie in 22:15.28
-  Windows Eryi's Action (JPN v1.0) by Bernka in 10:18.0
-  Windows Psycho Waluigi (freeware) by sack_bot in 47:43.0
-  Windows RosenkreuzStilette (JPN 1.05c) "Spiritia" by Hetfield90 in 28:01.15
-  Windows RosenkreuzStilette (any) "Grolla" by Hetfield90 in 25:28.53
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff