= Tier: Stars
= Notable improvement
|SNES Super Demo World: The Legend Continues (USA) "120 exits" in 2:02:04.49 by PangaeaPanga.|
|snes9x movie (.smv) (date: 2014-07-17)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 314.58 MB, length: 2:07:38)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 420.07 MB, length: 2:07:38)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4357 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1135 (2:08:01.68)
Rating: 8.8 (8.5 votes)
|- 100% completion|
- Takes damage to save time
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Unofficial game
- Genre: Platform
|Arguably one of the most well known and well developed SNES
hacks in existence, Super Demo World puts Mario into a new realm that spans well beyond his original adventure.
Features of the hack include:
In this run, PangaeaPanga improves upon the previous movie by more than five minutes using newly discovered glitches and a slower overworld route, which counterintuitively saves time.
To see a much shorter run completing the minimum number of stages, see this run.
- the ability to store unconventional items in the reserve box, such as a koopa, springboard, message box, or vine
- 120 exits in total, including two secret worlds
- creative and challenging level design, with some puzzle elements thrown in
- "new" graphics (mostly backgrounds taken from other games, such as Donkey Kong Country 3 and Mega Man X)
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff