= Tier: Moons
|GB Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 "game end glitch" in 01:31.15 by McHazard.|
|BizHawk Movie (.bk2) (date: 2014-12-23)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 6.90 MB, length: 07:40)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 6.47 MB, length: 07:40)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4507 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 7.1 (6.5 votes)
|- Major skip glitch|
- Final boss skip glitch
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Corrupts memory
- Genre: Platform
|Originally meant as a sequel to the Super Mario Land games, Wario Land eventually proved popular enough in its own right to launch its own series.
Wario, having been kicked out of Mario's castle in his first appearance, decides, in his eternal greed, to search for a statue stolen by the nefarious Captain Syrup and the Black Sugar Gang. This would normally involve questing for hidden treasures and collecting as many coins as he can possibly amass along the way.
Here, Wario decides he doesn't want to do any work, so he glitches out the map and uses a jet hat to corrupt the game's memory. After reaching an otherwise unreachable debug menu, he sets up a skip to the end of the game and demands his prize.
As this movie may be confusing to watch, reading the author's comments is recommended. The author, McHazard, has also completed another run of Wario Land that avoids heavy glitches.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff