= Tier: Moons
= Notable improvement
|NES Gimmick! (JPN) in 04:24.61 by Aglar, Hotarubi & Samsara.|
|FCEUX movie (.fm2) (date: 2016-07-06)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 10.10 MB, length: 05:22)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 16.12 MB, length: 05:22)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #5159 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1543 (05:11.49)
Rating: 8.4 (7 votes)
|- Uses death to save time|
- Takes damage to save time
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Genre: Platform
|Gimmick! (1992) is another gem from Sunsoft, the company that brought us Ufouria and Journey to Silius. It was only released in Japan and Scandinavian countries, but eventually achieved something of a cult status thanks to its refined gameplay, as well as exceptional music and graphic design.
The plot follows a green toy on a quest to rescue a little girl from the clutch of other toys, who were rightfully upset at her forsaking them in favor of our protagonist. What these other toys can't do, however, is conjure stars to use them both as projectiles and very effective transportation devices!
This venture between Aglar, Hotarubi and Samsara improves the previous movie by 46.95 seconds thanks to a new zipping glitch that skips most of Stage 5 and a new clip that skips most of Stage 6. This run doesn't collect the special items required to access the 7th level, and thus gets a bad ending. However, we have another run that attains the best ending for your viewing pleasure!
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
-  NES Gimmick! (JPN) "100%" by Aglar & Hotarubi in 07:44.45
-  NES Moon Crystal (JPN) by Hotarubi in 08:19.05
-  NES Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II (USA) by Aglar, Randil, Alyosha, rchokler, Samsara in 07:14.32
-  NES Streemerz: Super Strength Emergency Squad Zeta (any,r2) "Streeeeemerz Mode" by adelikat, Aglar, Mothrayas, Really_Tall & Samsara in 05:03.33
-  NES Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti (JPN) "best ending" by Samsara in 19:11.24
-  PSX Umihara Kawase Shun (JPN) by Samsara in 02:18.75
-  GG Coca Cola Kid (JPN) by Samsara, ars4326 & dekutony in 08:26.47
-  SNES Umihara Kawase (JPN) "Sightseeing" by Alyosha, ars4326, Samsara in 11:44.77
-  NES Batman (USA) by Aglar in 09:21.93
-  NES Ufouria (Europe) by Aglar in 23:52.6
-  NES Treasure Master (USA) by Samsara & micro500 in 19:15.8
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff