= Tier: Vault
|NES Cross Fire (JPN) in 05:52.45 by MESHUGGAH & RobynS.|
|FCEUX movie (.fm2) (date: 2016-07-25)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 11.38 MB, length: 06:33)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 18.22 MB, length: 06:33)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #5170 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #2409 (05:52.5)
Rating: Too few votes (1) to display
|- Heavy glitch abuse|
- Genre: Action
- Genre: Platform
- Genre: Shooter
|Cross Fire is a 2D Platformer game, developed and published by Kyugo Boueki, which was released in Japan in 1990. It has gameplay somewhat reminiscent of the Contra series, as you control Eric the soldier on his quest to fight evil all over the world.
The player begins armed with grenades and their trusty fists, but soon receives a sub-machine gun to help mow down their enemies. In this run however, MESHUGGAH and RobynS ignore its intended purpose and instead uses the machine gun to hover, pass through walls, and even skip boss fights entirely. Assisted by the world's most determined helicopter pilot, the game is completed in just under 6 minutes.
This run is 3 frames faster than the predecessor movie by MESHUGGAH.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff