= Tier: Moons
|NES Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (USA) "Grant path, warp glitch" in 15:22.01 by arandomgameTASer, Samsara & Mothrayas.|
|BizHawk Movie (.bk2) (date: 2016-09-23)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 26.64 MB, length: 18:13)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 38.52 MB, length: 18:13)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #5213 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 7.5 (6 votes)
|- Uses death to save time|
- Takes damage to save time
- Major skip glitch
- Genre: Action
- Genre: Platform
|Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (originally known as 悪魔城伝説 or Akumajō Densetsu, meaning "Legend of the Demon Castle") is the story of Trevor Belmont's battle against Dracula from the times before Simon's battle in Castlevania. In this complex and difficult game,
there are three playable allies whom Trevor can recruit: Alucard (Dracula's son), Grant DaNasty (a pirate captain), and Sypha Belnades (a mystic warlord).
Unlike the other branches of Castlevania III, this run uses a stairs glitch in Block 4 to climb directly to Dracula and skip most of the game. Only the USA version allows this glitch to work, so it was used instead of the Japanese version, which has superior sound quality.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff