= Tier: Stars
|N64 Mario Kart 64 (USA v1.0) in 20:33.32 by weatherton.|
|BizHawk Movie (.bk2) (date: 2016-10-24)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 122.05 MB, length: 23:28)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 132.29 MB, length: 23:28)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #5243 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 9.5 (20.5 votes)
|- Major skip glitch|
- Uses a game restart sequence
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Heavy luck manipulation
- Uses hardest difficulty
- Genre: Racing
|Mario Kart 64 is the first 3D game in the Mario Kart series, released in 1996 by Nintendo. Widely regarded as classic, it still retains a following to this day.
A run 7 years in the making, this Mario Kart 64 TAS features weatherton completing all 4 Grand Prix Cups in under 21 minutes. Due to the nature of the game,
knowledge of the internal code allows for heavy RNG manipulation, getting even the most unlikely items on the first try. This and the incredible movement precision are used to create crazy shortcuts, often completing laps in mere seconds.
The submission text contains highly detailed information about the strategies of every track, the RNG manipulation and a lot of other information about the run.
You can watch the complete run being played back on a console.
At AGDQ 2014, the Mushroom Cup of this run was presented on console, and at AGDQ 2016, the Star Cup was presented.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff