= Tier: Moons
|Genesis Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (World) "ring attack" in 45:01.63 by Evil_3D, WST & Zurggriff.|
|Gens movie (.gmv) (date: 2017-02-25)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 348.94 MB, length: 49:09)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 371.98 MB, length: 49:09)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #5385 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
|- Contains speed/entertainment tradeoffs|
- Aims for in-game time instead of real-time
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Heavy luck manipulation
|This game is what you get if you take Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and lock it onto Sonic & Knuckles. As the name suggests, what you get is simply Sonic the Hedgehog 2 with Knuckles the Echidna as the playable character. The levels remain mostly unchanged, save for the addition of a few monitors that can only be reached as Knuckles, whose abilities from Sonic and Knuckles (gliding, climbing walls, and jumping a little lower than Sonic) remain intact.
In this run, you'll see the zones of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (colloquially referred to as West Side Island in the Japanese manual) like you've never seen them before, as Knuckles uses every trick in the book to collect over five thousand rings, with only 11 throughout the game eluding his grasp. (For the time being, anyway...)
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff