Table of contents [expand all
] [collapse all
Hi, while doing many things, I try to also TAS in my free-time (if there's any...). So here's one =)
This run improves  NES Dragon's Lair (JPN) by Kirkq in 03:53.6
by 63 frames after a lot of testings (check rerecord count). It was a very hard job for an already really well optimized run! Not mentioning the "quality" of the game...
- Lizard kings
- Trying to move somewhat awkward
- Secrets will be unfold (using B to show you secrets)
- Mini "sound effect visualization" section (using B to turn on-off the candle at the dark part of room 2)
- Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.0
- Aims for fastest time
- Entertains without losing a frame
About the game
The game is bad. Really bad. Give yourself a favor and don't play this game. If you just wanna see how Dirk manipulates the world, watch the TAS and leave the game alone.
- Room 1 - skipping 2nd orange snake (by skipping the right button at a specific frame) -39
- Room 2 - better air bursting (jumping in to a specific location at a specific frame) -9
- Boss 3 - different strategy (fooling the "auto-aim" of the boss) -12
- Boss 4 - better ending (jumping properly) -3
Well... I doubt you could improve this.
...Otherwise, good luck and have fun for you =)
...And thank you everyone who voted me during the TASVideos awards =)
: We are having a new frame-geek developing here. Aye, for picking more serious projects, MESHUGGAH! Oh, and accepting this one.
: I have the encodes already...