Table of contents [expand all
] [collapse all
This homebrew game is released in 2012 February by Stefan Adolfsson and David Eriksson. More info at [www.driar.se]. It's about collecting all stars on 38 different levels. You can jump (A) and be faster (B). That's all.
Note! This TAS uses the latest version of this game which can be downloaded from this post (no need to register): http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?p=103147#p103147
The difference is a random crash bugfix and much shorter lag frames. This TAS would sync the same way if you would insert empty frames for the lag frames.
There's also a little bit odd thing... this TAS syncs in Bizhawk up to the start of the 18th level where an extra lag frame occurs, 8467th frame. Generally there's always 2 lag frames before a level starts except for this case at Bizhawk 1.4.0.
To make this TAS sync in Bizhawk 1.4.0, you need to add an extra lag frame after showing the level number of 18 and 22.
I will upload it soon.
Bizhawk sync movie is here.
- Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.1
- Aims for fastest possible time
- Entertains without losing a frame
- Uses death abuse
- The main character is a dragon. Failed to color it.
List of techniques
- Falling down faster
- Jumping over a block (to fall down without touching the corner) is faster than walking off the edge.
- Position tricks
- Pressing both left and right and B ("turbo" button) makes a "fixed" left step while staying in the same position. The ammount of step depends on the previous input. Also you can fine your turn momentum frame precisely.
- Death abuse
- The only level where it really saved time was level 31. Driar has 10 lives, only 1 used.
For entertainment, I tried to implement as many near-death routes as I could. Sometimes bouncy, sometimes solid. Sometimes crazy...
I've recorded a few TASing sessions, I will try to make a tutorial video about my FCEUX 2.2.1 TASing process using this game as a material.
So I hope you liked my TAS, see you until my next one =)
: This movie got a good response and I'm accepting it for a Moons tier.