- Played on Hard (not that I'm sure it even makes any difference)
This is just a dumb little game I picked up for speedrunning that I decided I might as well TAS. I found a new strat along the way!
- Stage 1 - It seems to be exactly the same frame cost to take intentional damage than to wait for the hydrants
- Stage 2 - Long boring autoscroll :|
- Stage 3 - You have to grab the fan and blow away the fog before you can jump the trash cans. Standing close enough to the cans lets you blow away the fog faster.
- Stage 4 - The helicopter boss has random patterns but I obtained a nice fast kill on him this time
- Stage 5 - Basically an autoscroll, just hold right and duck to avoid damage
- Stage 6 - There are conveyer belts that speed you to the right or slow you down so I take these into account. Here I use a glitch, where holding up-left while jumping right for some reason allows Elmo to pass through the platforms that would normally block him from below. I use it twice here for a nice time save.
- Stage 7 - Pretty straightforward, just go right and avoid damage. I do barely make the jump over the butterfly though.
- Stage 8 - Just a matter of jumping to the top of the building. There doesn't seem to be any clever way to shortcut there from the left or below or anything.
- Might be able to manipulate a better helicopter fight
- Lag reduction?
- Might be able to optimize the platform climb at the very end of Stage 8. Elmo is slippery so it's tough to change from left/right fast.
: This is a good attempt at a first TAS for this game. However, it is improvable, as shown by TASeditor's run
which is 4 seconds faster. Rejecting because a faster run for this game exists.