Ho hmm. Castlevania time AGAIN!
Boy do I feel stupid. I messed around with the game today and sort of "found" a new shortcut. I knew about it before but I was so sure it wouldn't save time. I was wrong..
After that everything went fine and thus I'm ready with a new version :P I didn't got stuck for hours trying to perform a single fall-through.
The good thing though, and the reason why I could do this third version so fast, is that I was able to resume my previous version in Mansion 3, right when I fall into oblivion. This was good because I found out I could jump when falling! I did tried this in my previous version but obviously at the wrong frames.
Also I got the fall-through on my way out to work which made me happy because it looks cooler than the fake wall.
I learned a couple of new things today while testing the shortcut. You actually MUST have the red crystal to enter Castlevania and also the bum (or whatever) in the fifth Mansion gives you four (!) laurels.
There is a minor delay in Mansion 3 on my way up. This is good for two reasons.
First, to manipulate those gargoyles upstairs so I could get hit bu their shots and thus not die.
Second, because of this I was able to perform the fall through and reveal another book. I tried to do it
without that delay but then it was impossible. The ground was solid as <input the strongest material you know here>
I lose some time in the fifth Mansion because I don't have the flame whip there. I have to kill some enemies to reduce lag because that's both boring and time consuming and also the crying mask took a bit longer.
Forth Mansion was faster though because I had the flame whip there.
I'll explain the falling-through-floor glitch yet again, and why it's so hard to perform.
- First, find a ledge which is exactly 2 blocks higher than the level beneath you. Then walk over the edge and hit air with your whip. If done correctly you will fall through the floor!
- Second, Simon (the hero) can be in two forms when he starts to fall. Either he stands tall or he is sort of crouching. He MUST be in this crouching form, else it won't work. This is good to know when testing it.
- Third, it either works or does not work. If it works it's really easy to perform, if it doesn't work it's really frustrating.
- Forth, if it doesn't work the first try and if done correctly, try something else, like toss a bottle or hit air with your whip.
- Fifth, anyone can do this basically anywhere where there is a 2 block-higher-than-ground-beneath. The hard thing is to time attack with it since you only have one try.
I still couldn't do the fall-through in Castlevania. I rather have it this way than to jump up and down 2 or more times just to get it to work..
The time in game is now reduced to: 03:01:17
- FCEu was used
- Takes damage to save time
- Manipulates luck
- Manipulates enemy pattern
- Uses a warp! (Not Deborah warp though)
Well, that's it for now I think.
: processing... Done.