= Tier: Vault
|NES Disney's The Little Mermaid (USA) in 06:48.4 by AnS.|
|FCEU movie (.fcm) (date: 2006-04-26)|
AVI file via BitTorrent (size: 9.15 MB, length: 07:29)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #1062 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #180 (07:38.65)
Rating: 5.5 (32.5 votes)
|- Genre: Action|
This movie has been obsoleted!Click here to see the movie that obsoleted it.
The Little Mermaid is a simple game based on the movie of the same name. You control the mermaid Ariel as she swims through several stages and beats up bosses by tossing fish encapsulated in bubbles.
Normally, shooting bubbles stops Ariel, so a speedrun would try to avoid all the enemies. However, the author manages to fire shots with little movement delay thanks to a glitch involving turning around. Luck manipulation is also used to beat the bosses quite quickly. For more details, see the submission comments.
This run, AnS's first published movie here, improves the previous version by 51 seconds.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff