= Tier: Vault
|32X Knuckles' Chaotix (JPN/USA) in 35:07.7 by Upthorn.|
|Gens movie (.gmv) (date: 2006-06-02)|
AVI file via BitTorrent (size: 130.74 MB, length: 38:19)
Submission #1057 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 6.1 (28 votes)
|- Forgoes warps|
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Heavy luck manipulation
- Genre: Platform
|Knuckles' Chaotix is a Sonic game that doesn't feature Sonic. The story follows Knuckles the Echidna as he tries to save his friends from Dr. Robotnik, one at a time, by tying an elastic band of "ring energy" between himself and each of them.
The gameplay is similar to that of earlier Sonic games, and after each stage, the next level is selected via roulette. These roulettes and the game's cutscenes comprise about 66% of the total movie length, so we recommend skipping through them.
In the site's first 32X publication, Upthorn uses a number of glitches (of which the most prominent is zipping through walls) to complete most of the levels tens of seconds faster than intended.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff